Standing Charges

dunkmat
dunkmat Posts: 81 Forumite
Anyone assist with this one! I have asked OFWAT the question but no doubt as they are a water version of FIFA not sure i'll get a positive response!

My bills for water is paid to Dee Valley Water where I get charged a volume charge £1.014/m3 (1000 Litres) and standing charge like all companies. On their charges scheme leaflet is says for a the charge for 50mm is £246.36 -
“Standing charge – calculated on a daily basis andbased on the size of the meter. The standing charge covers the cost of readingand maintaining the meter and replacing it when it becomes necessary.”
OK thats fine!
Then the Sewerage charge gets paid to Welsh Water which again is a volume charge of £1.6681/m3 and a standing charge of £946.08 for 50mm!!!
On their charges scheme leaflet
“Standing Charge – calculated on a daily basis andbased on the size of the meter. The standing charge covers the cost of readingand maintaining the meter and replacing it when it becomes necessary”

Now my query is simply this, if I am paying astanding charge to Dee Valley Water for the water supply and they are supplyingthe meter, maintaining the meter and replacing it when it becomes necessary,why should another standing charge be paid to another company for a servicethey do not do? Dee Valley read the meter and advise Welsh Water of this? Theymaintain the meter, and replace when necessary.
You dont have a meter for Sewerage!!

Sure they cover it in T&C's page 1000 - any mistakes found on water company are null and void!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport