Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Amazon prime instant video missing titles

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
6 replies 1.3K views
[Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
0 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
has anyone noticed that certain shows have disappeared from the list of available titles included in the prime subscription without notice?:mad:

I'm angry that Amazon didn't notify customers that certain shows will no longer be included, they just pulled them
I was in the middle of watching the star trek voyager seasons when they just disappeared and I would have to pay £2+ per episode or buy the whole season now in addition to the monthly subscription

I just wish Amazon had given us some notice beforehand, it's very annoyingand sneaky to be in the middle of a season of a show then be told you have to pay extra to continue watching it once you're hooked and committed to watching it.:(

Replies

• TropezTropez Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Have you checked your junk mail box? I've found Amazon usually email me to tell me if a show I've been watching is due to expire from the service.

On the Xbox 360 app at least, there's also a notice that goes up one month in advance on a show's page.
  • NilremNilrem Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tropez wrote: »
    Have you checked your junk mail box? I've found Amazon usually email me to tell me if a show I've been watching is due to expire from the service.

On the Xbox 360 app at least, there's also a notice that goes up one month in advance on a show's page.

Aye, when I've watched stuff that was running out of time I got an email about it.
  • Thanks folks
    I've Just checked and there is an email about new titles but it doesn't mention which ones are being removed, I'll have to keep a closer look out for the emails from Amazon from now on, it would help if they answered emails sent to customer services
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to keep a closer look out for the emails from Amazon from now on, it would help if they answered emails sent to customer services

Amazon customer service is very good if you phone them.
  • sekrapasekrapa Forumite
    127 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    Slightly off topic, but I hate Amazon Prime Video. I have been a Prime member for many years, and the increase in price to give the "Free" Prime Video service is not worth it anymore. I search for films and TV shows I want to watch - and virtually all I want to see is not free - I have to pay for it as it is not part of the package. At least with Netflix, everything you search for is included with your subscription. Rant over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Holiday Haggler
    MoneySaving Newbie
    sekrapa wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I hate Amazon Prime Video. I have been a Prime member for many years, and the increase in price to give the "Free" Prime Video service is not worth it anymore. I search for films and TV shows I want to watch - and virtually all I want to see is not free - I have to pay for it as it is not part of the package. At least with Netflix, everything you search for is included with your subscription. Rant over.
    I agree! I wanted Prime for the next-day deliveries, not the mediocre video selection and limited platform support. I wish there was a way to pay less and opt out of the videos.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals