EE Sim only contract auto renewal query

Options
Chef1980uk
Chef1980uk Posts: 226 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi all, I have been on a 12 month sim only deal at a reduced price as I was still happy with the phone that was on a previous 18 month contract. This deal came to an end at the end of April and without warning May's cost has shot up from £15 to £23.

I'm now past the first month of what I am assuming is a new 12 month sim only contract at full price so am I now locked in at that price with full cancellation charges should I wish to end the contract?

I've received no communication to remind me that my reduced rate contract was coming to an end. Should they have done so?

I have no issues with the service I have received from them but will be gutted if I am stuck on a 12 month contract at £23pm for a phone that is over 3 years old now.

Comments

• bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 June 2015 at 12:21PM
    Options
    Don't assume anything. You're almost certainly now on a 30-day rolling contract that can be cancelled at no-cost at any time with 30 days notice.

The price increase will usually have been outlined at the start of the contract. It may also include an annual rise for 'inflation' which would be in the T&Cs - some networks do this, I'm not certain if EE do or don't of whether being SIM only with them impacts this.

If you phone up EE and wish to cancel, you may be offered a new 12 month contract at a reduced price. Otherwise you should be free to go elsewhere.
  • Chef1980uk
    Options
    Better than expected :) will ring them up and see what they say. I'll report back my findings, many thanks.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    It can't be a new contract if you didn't ask for one. It must be that the reduction was only for 12 months and it's gone back to the full price unless you cancel it.
  • Chef1980uk
    Options
    All sorted. As usual you were correct :)
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to us, glad it's sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure