IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Darned LPS Ltd

Options
Here is a strange one - hopefully someone can help whilst I wade through the newbies post and other posts by members.

Anyhow - here is the story,

Last week my Father in Law received a Notice to Keeper letter from LPS. It was a total shock to discover they had apparently missed a discounted chance to pay.

"Pay what?" he asked. Neither he nor my MiL had any idea as there had been no ticket on the windscreen to indicate they had received a ticket.

Having read the letter it seems they have been fined for parking in a car park in Swansea called 'Newton Road Car Park'. Nope. Didn't happen.

They did however park in 'Oystermouth Square Car Park' - which is a different area of the village. They also purchase a ticket yet were only there for 20 minutes to grab an ice cream. They over paid (for two hours).

So this NtK has arrived - totally wrong in it's facts. Totally wrong.

Now my PiL are over 65 and they are naturally quite worried about this. They were on the verge of paying until they told me about it - so I said I would start the research which of course led me to this forum.

So whilst I read around and do my research - is there anyone out there that can comment briefly?

Many thanks

GJE

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They did however park in 'Oystermouth Square Car Park' - which is a different area of the village.
    is there anyone out there that can comment briefly?

Some village that Swansea! Brief enough?

OK - could you give us more precise details on the PPC please? Is it:

London Parking Solutions?
    Llawnroc Parking Services? or
    Local Parking Security?

Precise details will help us guide you more accurately.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • welshgje
    welshgje Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi UmKomaas,

Haa - whoops. I should have put Mumbles - which is of course a village part of Swansea.

LPS Ltd in this case is Local Parking Solutions Ltd of Warwick.

Cheers

Gareth
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    LPS Ltd in this case is Local Parking Solutions Ltd of Warwick.

Sorry, don't recognise them. Accuracy?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    agree with Umkomaas , if its warwick its his third one, so accuracy is paramount here, because if you dont know who you are dealing with, its harder to decide what to do
  • welshgje
    Options
    Hi Umkomaas

Ok - in my haste I entered the name wrong. Comes with speaking to the Missus about it, watching BGT and reading posts online. Thanks anyway. It's these people:

localparkingsecurity dot co dot uk

The address on the NtK is P.O.Box 6321, Warwick, CV34 9QB

Been a long day working on a computer.

GJE
  • Redx
    edited 31 May 2015 at 11:44PM
    Options
    cant see why those PiL are worried about its, its a parking charge invoice, no biggie, not as if somebody was murdered or they had hacked the voicemail of gazza or anything :)

its a civil matter, not a criminal matter , its not a fine either, merely an invoice

neither LPS nor any of the other hundreds of private parking companies can "fine" anybody, only a court can do that

as its a postal NTK, appeal it in the usual manner to the PPC using the template letter

assume they will refuse the appeal, so they should issue a popla code, then use a recent popla appeal example to appeal to popla, using legal arguments to win the case
  • welshgje
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    cant see why those PiL are worried about its, its a parking charge invoice, no biggie, not as if somebody was murdered or they had hacked the voicemail of gazza or anything :)

I take your point, but as elders usually do, they worry about it. Not every one is as savvy as you perhaps :-) Especially when they are on pensions and £85+ is a lot of money.
    As its a postal NTK, appeal it in the usual manner to the PPC using the template letter

Thank you. They are mostly annoyed at the facts being wrong. I will advise them accordingly.
    Assume they will refuse the appeal, so they should issue a popla code, then use a recent popla appeal example to appeal to popla, using legal arguments to win the case

Will do and thanks again for your time in replying.

Have a nice evening/week,

GJE
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    because if you dont know who you are dealing with

...... I'm not sure how we will know! But you and I Redx have been round this block a good few times! But neither of us need the job to be any more difficult than it already is. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth with a tweezers.

We could have easily left this as 'not a member of an ATA AOS, so ignore anything further', leaving the OP potentially up the creek without a paddle!

Please OP, give us exactly what we ask for. This is highly unlikely to go to court, but if it does, sloppy inaccuracy ain't going to help you one jot.

• Redx
    edited 31 May 2015 at 11:50PM
    Options
    if either the OP or those parents in law had watched watchdog last thursday on bbc1 at 2000 , and/or "dont get done get dom" last friday morning at 1100am , they would fully understand the process and topic

catchup on iplayer, then learn the topic and you would know what we know, thats the point of consumer programmes on tv and the radio, they may not get it fully right, but its not watching them that causes ignorance to prevail, we can all learn no matter if we are eighteen or eighty

plus anything is better than watching BGT ;) (even watching paint dry)

ps:- how do you know I am not a pensioner ? I could be ;)
  • welshgje
    Options
    Thanks guys - have a nice evening.

GJE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income