This won't save you money but will give you less aggro!

Options
Are you fed up with ads on your pc or mobile ? I seemed to be getting more and more, especially "targeted" ads. where you browse an item on the net, then you are deluged with adverts for similar items. Well you can stop these with a free utility called AdBlock Plus. Complete bliss! I downloaded it from C.Net download but you can download direct from AdBlock Plus. It is Free!
"0844 COSTS YOU MORE"

Comments

• Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    theloft wrote: »
    I downloaded it from C.Net download

Big mistake. Do not download stuff from cnet, they bundle their own crap in with the downloads
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    theloft wrote: »
    Are you fed up with ads on your pc or mobile ? I seemed to be getting more and more, especially "targeted" ads. where you browse an item on the net, then you are deluged with adverts for similar items. Well you can stop these with a free utility called AdBlock Plus. Complete bliss! I downloaded it from C.Net download but you can download direct from AdBlock Plus. It is Free!

Where have you been the last 10 years or so? ;)

I'd also recommend downloading software directly from the programmer's website. This way the risk of getting unwanted "add-ons" or clicking on the wrong "download here" banner is much much smaller and you should get the latest version there too.
  • Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear ... pigeons in the loft methinks.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    Why do members have to post sarcastic or "superior" remarks on this forum. OK. I am not a techie, but was merely trying to help people who like me, found themselves being inundated with targeted ads. I looked on the web and found AdBlock. It may have been around for years but is new to me! I have often used C.Net for downloads as they are a safe site, admittedly you have to pick the download you want carefully. The problem is when you Google AdBlock there are multiple websites, so which is the real AdBlock site? We all know there are loads of sites pretending to be authentic out there. So if there are errors in a post, just point them out without the unnecessary derogatory remarks. I am a senior (very) surfer, you can see that I am not a prolific poster on here, but if I find something which I think is good......... Thank you for your replies!
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport