City Main Admin Mobile Direct Debits

Just gone through our Direct Debits with a fine tooth comb after changing bank accounts, and discovered both my wife and I have been paying out £3.99 and £4.99 a month respectively on mobile phone insurance that neither of us own anymore, .........for 14 and 11 years. thats about 10 years each on phones we don't own anymore.

Yes i know. thats approx £650 each.

Yes we feel daft. BOY DO WE FEEL DAFT.

However, we've contacted City Main Administrators, who the DD was with and they've said they'll contact us both back within 10 days in terms of redress.

Has anyone else gone through this and got their money back?

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Anything they give you would be extremely generous.
  • scott5
    scott5 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Meaning i'm likely to get nothing or a lot?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    They likely have no necessity to given you anything at all, so anything you get back would be a bonus.

I presume you've cancelled these DDs now?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    They might give you a couple of months on a goodwill basis if they are feeling generous. The insurance service has been available to you all that time, they owe you nothing, so 'redress' is not really the issue.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • scott5
    scott5 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Yes all DD's cancelled, definitely.

And yes i hear you re the fact that, in truth they don't really owe us anything. i guess its a principle thing here. Again, how bloody stupid of us.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It's an expensive lesson, but I bet you start checking all your statements in future. Perhaps you should check all your remaining DD mandates?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2015 at 9:35PM
    scott5 wrote: »
    Yes all DD's cancelled, definitely.

And yes i hear you re the fact that, in truth they don't really owe us anything. i guess its a principle thing here. Again, how bloody stupid of us.

The "principle" is about your own lack of attention and nothing to do with the insurance company.

My principle is very simple; anyone taking money out of my account will be spotted the day it happens and if it's not something I am expecting it wouldn't stand.
  • i have also been a victim of this direct debit without consent. i simply didnt sign up for it.
    since 2012 have cancelled direct debit £6.99 and emailed citymain admin .
  • I have been paying a policy with City Main Admin for about 3 years now for my daughter´s iphone which has been stolen, how do I contact them to make a claim??
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Samb306 wrote: »
    I have been paying a policy with City Main Admin for about 3 years now for my daughter´s iphone which has been stolen, how do I contact them to make a claim??

I guess you're writing in from China where Google is blocked ?

Citymain Administrators Limited
    Address: First Floor Enterprise House Isambard Brunel Road, Portsmouth PO1 2RX

Phone: 0333 999 7920
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport