PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 27th May 2015

Options
O/S Daily Wednesday 27th May 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, light cloud with sun trying to break through, air feels really cool though. Load in WM, which I’ll put out before I leave for work.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit.

Dinner last night was roasted chicken pieces, pasta in sauce, veg rice and peas – all the menfolk moaned there wasn’t more, but they all had a good plateful! Tonight’s dinner I’m not sure but I do need to get some more cooked meats for pack ups as we’ve used everything I’d bought, but I shopped on Wednesday last week due to going away. Hairdresser came so dinner was a bit late.

Work yesterday wasn’t horrendous but steady, today I’m back at my normal office and I only have to work until lunchtime. DS2 has a dentist appointment this afternoon and I have to go past MrS on the way home so will call in there.

When I get back at lunchtime, I’ll do all my normal chores but I do need to visit the bank straight after work before coming home.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2015 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice day here again off to work for me and it will be busy again as its half term, yesterday was heaving with children by about 10, good for business but my god they are noisy :D

Quiche and salad for dinner tonight with new potatoes the quiche is a ready made one for speed so a nice easy dinner, I am shattered by the time I get in.

Will do a wash tonight and put on the airer in the conservatory. My wood was delivered finally yesterday and I got a very apologetic phone call from the manager who has agreed to my discount, so cupboard building will commence at the weekend,

Camelot I hope your back pain has eased a bit its a horrible thing to have makes everything so much more difficult.

Jackie O just in case I don't 'see' you before your op, I do hope it goes well and you come out a new woman, well new boobs at least :D xx

Have good days all xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's looking to be a beautiful day here this morning with the sun beaming through the windows. Hubby has gone off to work and I have the pleasure of DD15's company who has just made me a rather nice cup of tea. DD13 is still tucked up in bed and I don't expect to see her before midday :).

Yesterday went well with my CPN, she is going to check that my reducing meds regime is right as I am really struggling with lack of sleep. She has also organised for me to see a psychologist and I have an appointment coming up with my psychiatrist. I feel very grateful to the NHS for all this care and I do feel that my worries are being listened to and appropriate action is being taken.

Tea last night wasn't very nice, the pizza frittata was quite disgusting really so I was disappointed. I am making lemon and mint lamb skewers with tzaziki and new potatoes so I am hopeful that will be a better meal. Which reminds me, I must get the marinade on the lamb this morning. We gave Max the leg bone from the lamb and he is just so happy. He has stripped all the meat off and and is now just carrying it round with him wherever he goes.

It's my DD13's birthday tomorrow so I will have to go to town later and get a card for her. She has already had her present as she wanted an Iphone 5 so I bought her one with the proviso it was part of her Christmas present too. She loves her phone so that is fine.

Dear Lyn, I have been following what's been happening to your darling Docky and have shed many a tear. I know you will do the right thing for him when the time comes and I just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been reading about his life, sometimes in his own words :D. Sending you loads of love and hand holding for when you need it. xxx

Well, I hope you all have a great day today whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • alfsmum
    alfsmum Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All,

Thank you nmlc for starting the thread.

Jackie wishing well for the op and a speedy recovery x

Dumpling good to hear you are being well cared for. Your words about Docky sum up what many of us are feeling.

Lyn I hope the boy has had a comfortable night and still has many days filled with sunshine to dream about rabbit chasing. I have shed a few tears but know he has had a wonderful time with you and you will have happy memories when the time comes xx

Well, a bright morning here, catching up on jobs before returning to work tomorrow. Off to Lidly soon to see what's on the go, easy meals planned this week and eating from the cupboards as far as possible ready to empty and move them ahead of decorating.

Have a good day all x
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mrs Lurcher Walker - sending you hugs and licks from Molly and Poppy x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2015 at 8:28AM
    Options
    Good morning

It is a beautiful morning here as well. Just finished breakfast, Himself will pop out for a paper and then we are both in the garden. It is beginning to take shape now with lots of pruning and moving around of pots.

Dumpling, you put it so well about Docky. We have been on adventures with him, and been upset when he hasn't been so well. I think most of us have been where Lyn and He Who Knows are at the moment at some time, and we love them for being so strong and will give them a group hug when the time comes.

Camelot I hope you have some relief today from the bad back

Have a good day all

Candlelightx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Sunshine seems to have deserted us today do I'll be pottering in the garden I think. After I got home yesterday I planted up the tomato plants into the grow bag. Now got a thornless blackberry to dig a hole for.

Last night I eventually got hold of the window maker so he's coming to have a look later this morning :j here's hoping he can get them done soon.

Breakfast coming soon. Soup for lunch and tonight I'm out doing my two hour a week teaching job so I probably won't have an evening meal.

My cold is edging away. I slept really well last night, only two small coughs and now I can breathe better.

Hope that JackieO has a successful op, that Docky is still pain free and everyone else has a good day too.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mrs LW I hope the painkillers do the trick xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]camelot Sorry you're in so much pain, the easiest things become almost impossible don't they? :sad: I hope it eases asap xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Yesterday I did two loads of washing, hoovered, sorted the greenhouses, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, and rearranged the patio pots – all without complaint :D It took me all day because I had to do everything in slow motion, but Scampi was an angel :A So I've had two blissful doggy days, I'm hoping for a third :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I need to hoover the kitchen again – half the garden seems to been walked in, mostly by little paws :D The shopping's being delivered this morning, this is a bit of an event for Scampi because nearly every driver I've had so far has spotted him peering out of the lounge window and asked to meet him so I have to put his lead on and take him to the door :D The rest of the day is mine mine mine, lol. I'm still not up to walking but will get my exercises done. It's a pathetic sight at the moment because I don't look like I'm doing much, I can't really go for it as usual. But the movements I can make are making a difference so will just carry on like that for now.

:beer:
    [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Managed to hang out two washloads in the back garden and loaded dishwasher, tidied kitchen and did some paperwork ready to go to post office later.

Cleaners are due and need to nip out for some cash. Still have a quick phone call to make and library books to return this afternoon.

If I have time will get mince and make a lasagne for tonight as Dd loves it especially the diet version.

Good luck to jackieO and dumpling and hope tru and camelot feel better soon.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for the get well wishes, I think it is a bit better but I made the mistake of taking 2 painkillers this morning and then didn't feel like breakfast. The result was a horrible attack of the sweats and feeling sick, wont be doing that again!

tru - Hope you have good dog day 3 and your leg continues to improve.
    csarina, have you seen the new place yet?
    JackieO, I hope all goes well for your op, remember to take your time getting better and let your lovely family look after you.

Hope everyone is ok and you have some sunshine, none here but at least it isn't raining yet. Take care. XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure