Disability Scooter Hire

Hi I have been trying to find a Disability Scooter in London to hire for a day and cant seem to find anywhere unless I hire for a week.

I'm going into Wembley stadium on sat 5th July to watch ACDC last ever gig and only need it for around 3 hours so don't really want to pay loads of money for a weeks hire.

does anyone know of anywhere that might hire me one for the day or someone that may have one I can hire for the day I don't mind paying for a days hire and got lots of ID and will be only going about 100yards from the premier hotel to the stadium and back.

thanks for any advice or help
South Devon, Kingsbridge

Comments

• billywilly
    billywilly Posts: 468 Forumite
    lowrider69 wrote: »
    Hi I have been trying to find a Disability Scooter in London to hire for a day and cant seem to find anywhere unless I hire for a week.

I'm going into Wembley stadium on sat 5th July to watch ACDC last ever gig and only need it for around 3 hours so don't really want to pay loads of money for a weeks hire.

does anyone know of anywhere that might hire me one for the day or someone that may have one I can hire for the day I don't mind paying for a days hire and got lots of ID and will be only going about 100yards from the premier hotel to the stadium and back.

thanks for any advice or help

No idea where you can hire one, but I have now had to accept that I am old!
    The vision of a parking area for mobi scooters and zimmer frames at an ACDC concert!!
    Be warned, make sure you turn down your hearing aids cos the band is LOUD!! Having said that, it will be a help for those with hearing loss.

Keep on rocking with tha scooters and frames!!
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    There is a Shop Mobility at Wembley Outlet Centre. They might let you keep it overnight but I am not sure.
  • lowrider69
    lowrider69 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    been told you cant take them off the premises but can ask :)
    South Devon, Kingsbridge
  • lowrider69
    just asked them and spoke to the manager and they said they would but there insurance will not cover them even tried telling them I would get my own but they still said no :(
    South Devon, Kingsbridge
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I know we have a 'shopmobility' by me in StHelens, have a read of this to see if it's the same thing.

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/shopping/shopmobility
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • lowrider69
    yes its the same thing but only for shopping they wont let you take it from the shopping complex
    South Devon, Kingsbridge
  • colin13
    colin13 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    AC DC last ever cconcert ,shame,,saw them 3 times in the 70s at glasgow apollo,was there when recorded live album,,enjoy the concert,,shame ur struggling to get scooter for the day
  • lowrider69
    yeah its turning out to be the hardest part of my trip just trying to find a wheel chair for 3 hours :(
    South Devon, Kingsbridge
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have you spoken to the Wembley Stadium staff at all regarding your access to the seat you have bought?? Or even the Hotel you've booked to see if they can help?

I can't find mention of mobility scooters being permitted - although they have 310 designated wheelchair spaces (plus 310 spaces for people accompanying them) which would mean power wheelchairs allowed, of course.

I think it will be a lot further than 100 m from any nearby hotel to the Stadium entrance(s) and possibly a fair few hundred more inside.

How are you getting from Devon up to London? There may be a lot of walking involved if by public transport?

The Stadium do have some wheelchairs to loan out (presumably only for use within the Stadium, though?) ... but it may be some help? http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/DisabledAccess/InsideWembleyStadium
  • lowrider69
    Thanks rodders53 will ring them Tuesday and ask them about that I never seen that site and they told me they never loaned them out but maybe I was asking the wrong person... might be hope for me yet were going by train I can walk with crutches it just hurts if I walk to far after a while
    South Devon, Kingsbridge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport