We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Any Good citizen award assessors out there?

Options
2»

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 May 2015 at 7:32PM
    Options
    It's taken us rather longer than 8 weeks - over a year now to get where we are with Gitdog and his issues. 90% of the time he could do the heel work no problem on a flat collar and can do some of the other exercises to gold standard. I just prefer not to risk his safety if on the assessment day he gets silly. I keep going to classes to give me back up when I'm feeling down after he's had a bad week, and to remind myself how far we've come. As you say, their game, their rules. It's just a shame it leaves those of us who've taken on very difficult dogs with less of an incentive. Yes I could keep working with him without doing the award, but it's a good marker of just how far we've come, and an incentive to carry on.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport