Best reward card with low income

Hi There,

I have a capital one card that has been paying me 1% on all purchases which they have just reduced to .25% :(

I have pretty much no income atm as a single father so can anyone recommend a cashback card to switch to that might actually accept my application or should I stick with what I've got?

Thanks all!

Ben

Comments

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Halifax Clarity may suit. Needs to be run alongside Halifax Rewards current account. With minimum £1000 cycled through current account + 2 DDs paying out each month + £300 minimum spend on credit card they kindly give me £5 current account rewards + £5 credit card rewards = £10 per month. I was accepted for credit card with no employment income and approx £5500 per annum DLA. I did have the current account for a few months before applying for CC. See link. Section 11 explains rewards.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/help-guidance/terms-and-conditions/clarity-card/

In conjunction with Reward current account.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/current-accounts/reward-current-account/

*NOTE*….. £750 monthly payment needs to be upped to £1000 to get the credit card fiver.

Any additional monthly spend much above £300 goes on a Nationwide Select, 0.5% cashback. Also 15 month interest free. I have slow stoozed this card to just shy of its limit (leaving a little wriggle room) for spending when required.

This card also obtained with income as above, although I have held a savings account with them for many years, and current account for about 3 years, which probably helped with their scoring, as opposed to being a new customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure