can anyone recommend a mascara?

Options
I know there's been a few threads regarding mascara in the past, but just want to know if anyone has any recommendations.

I currently have a Revitalash one which I got as part of a kit, but I'm not keen.

I have an Eyeko one which is Waterproof and I save it for going out places and if I'm at the gym.

I did buy a couple of MUA ones, but too be honest they are rubbish and I wouldn't recommend them.

So if anyone can offer some recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Loreal double extend. I use to the waterproof version.
  • Piggywiggy
    Piggywiggy Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    No7 intense volume.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    What's the brushes like?
  • Piggywiggy
    Piggywiggy Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    The no7 one is quite a thin brush which I like because my lashes are not all that long so I don't get big clumps with it as I do with some others, also I find it easy to hold.
  • A_Phoenix_of_Tangerine
    Options
    Maybelline Megaplush Volume Express (teal green bottle). It gives good, thick lashes without clumping or flaking. Reasonable price, and you can often get it on 3 for 2 at Boots!
  • pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've tried a few and always come back to Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara. There are various versions including waterproof.
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My current favourite is the new Benefit Rollerlash. It really grips the lashes as you coat them, pulling them upwards.

It depends what you want from a mascara I suppose.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I think it indeed depends on what you want from mascara and what sort of lashes you have. I like Hypnose from Lancome. Max Factor and Elizabeth Arden also have good ones.
    ally.
  • Armchair23
    Armchair23 Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    I'll be keeping an eye on this post having bought an M&S Autograph mascara which has a brush designed by a total plonk. So bad it's in the bin after one use.

BTW as I'm entering the Grandma stage I'm looking at black/brown but lots of the mascaras now only come in black/intense black/leatherblack and all the rest.

The Lancome Hypnose is brilliant maybe I just need to find the cash to stump up for that, I was just hoping for something a bit more moneysaving.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another vote for Hynose, I also like Clinique. I often buy the gift with purchase sized ones from *bay, the smaller brushes are better for me to use and I don't feel I have wasted so much money when I sling them out when they start to be clumpy or I get an eye infection.

There seems to be a good selection of Hypnose available there now, but usually black of course:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure