Florida 2017 booking advice

Options
Hi,

Just wanted to ask a few questions that i cant find on the net and get some advice. I would like to know about booking a holiday to Florida in summer 2017 (or some time in the future). Reason being we would have to save.

We would only need a flydrive. Is it possible to book a date (say summer 2017) when available, to pay off before we go? ive seen some companys advertise on payng a deposit and pay the rest before you fly. Has anyone done this before? Which company did you use? Do they charge interest, or is it interest free? can anyone provide a link, or do i have to make an account to view details?

Also, how far in advanced can be booked? some companys only go to march 2017 - if i wanted a full holiday package (including hote) it will let me go to autumn 2017 (?)

generally any other advice on booking.

Thanks

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've booked fly-drive packages using Trailfinders (http://www.trailfinders.com) for the reason of only needing to pay a deposit on booking, and the balance 10(?) weeks before departure (and they don't charge extra for paying with a credit card).
    You can only book once flights are available (approx 11 months before). I always price separately and have never paid more with Trailfinders than I could have booked for independently.

You may be able to book earlier by booking a fly-drive package with a TO as soon as their brochure are released, AFAIK these will be either charter flights or scheduled flights for which they may have an advance/guaranteed allocation of seats.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could also look at using Tesco CC vouchers for the flight across the pond.

Flights are released around 50 weeks in advance

Virgin Atlantic have pretty good availability. Where flying with them during the summer hols all courtesy of clubcard

www.headforpoints.com has loads of tips on how to amass miles and clubcard points
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure