PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Friday 27th March

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 27 March 2015 at 8:11AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning all,

Nice bright day here although its really cold. off to work today I would say TGIF but I am working tomorrow too !

Spag bol or chilli for dinner depending on what we feel like, we had fish and chips last night but it wasn't very nice the fish was very dry as if it had been sitting there for ages, its normally very good from there too.

Must do a wash tonight ready to hopefully hang out tomorrow and have a quick tidy round, had my shopping delivered last night so that's us stocked up for a week or so.

Elona how is dd doing ?

Topsy hope you are ok xx

Have good days all xx

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Another cloudy day, it's to rain today so washing can go indoors.

Started to paint the little table I got from the tip, kitchen full of bits of wood, just hope I can put it back together!

Looking forward to the weekend, I've been tired this week. Actually forgot to meet friends yesterday afternoon, got a phone call to see if I was ok! Managed to get along to see them and have something to eat so not all bad.

Enjoy Friday. Take care. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, dry and light cloud – so looking likely we may get some sunshine, it did eventually stop raining yesterday but took until evening to really dry up.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 still in his pit. DS2 now getting out of the shower, and getting ready for school.

Dinner last night was a bit of a mixture and clear up – we had jacket potatoes, cheese, beans, chicken dippers, bacon, mushrooms and a fried egg – it’s made an excellent job of clearing up loads of odd bits from the fridge, not very healthy though. Tonight menfolk having scampi, chips and peas, I’ll be having fish, jacket potato and veg.

Did get the dirty wash basket clear yesterday but there’s already stuff in their again this morning – but not enough for a load – yet! Want to get the beds stripped and changed today – so will get ours done and bedding in the wash before I go out this morning, so that can be transferred to the TD when we get back and another load put in. I didn’t do the housework as such, but did give the cooker hob a very good clean and took all the burners apart and cleaned them all up, so didn’t waste the day completely. I must at least push the hoover round today. Get up and go – really got up and gone, although mood is ok, I’ve just got zero motivation.

This morning I’ll be going to town to visit the bank, and DS1 should be coming with me as he needs to visit his bank and move some money. I’ll be doing the food shopping and then coming home getting it all unpacked and cracking on the jobs I should have done yesterday, would actually like to do some cooking/baking at some point.

Have great Fridays’ everyone x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning,

Weather not bad here, dry and bright.

I have a towel wash to do and hopefully dry outside. Himself is still in bed so will go upstairs shortly and make a bit of a noise :)

I will be making sausage rolls and a lemon cake this morning because I haven't done any baking this week.

Will just shop locally, I need to go to the Post Office and our local greengrocer. He has such good fruit and cheaper than the SM. Himself has to eat 2 bananas a day because of low potassium and I seem to be buying them about 4 times a week. Some of the bananas I buy from the SM hardly last a day or so because the ends seem to be bruised and he won't eat them then.

Nothing in particular planned for the weekend, just general things.

GERS first day of retirement, ENJOY

Have a good day everyone

Elona I hope your DD is receiving the help she needs and is improving.

Candlelightx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,086 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Many thanks for all the good wishes yesterday. Actually the day was lovely. Did not much in the morning, had an exit interview and the colleagues took me out for a farewell lunch complete with pressies and cards. Very nice too.

But...then the drive home was rotten as there was a bad coach accident on The Rest so the road was closed from Tarbet to Inverary which meant an extra hours' drive up the alternative route. Blooming awful. I had a bottle of fizz lined up to celebrate but was too tired to enjoy it properly so left it for tonight.

There's plenty of food in the fridge, plenty of rain in the sky and plenty of energy in my bones so I reckon a gentle walk is on the cards.

Hope everyone has a great day
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone bright and sunny here tody but still chilly. When the hound and I walked yesterday though the hazel bushes had just started popping discernable bright green leaves, all the magnolia trees in the area seem to have opened their buds at the same time and the forsythia bushes which were in tight bud on Wednesday were bright yellow beacons in the sunshine i think, despite how it feels temperature wise we're actually into Spring!

Domestic day today and catching up on all the little jobs that need doing once in a while including doing the brasswork on the woodstove and cooking a big batch of chickpeas in the pressure cooker.

GERS I'm told that Bucks Fizz for breakfast is a very acceptable thing to include in breakfast for your first full day of freedom???

Have yourselves a lovely day, Lyn xxx.
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I do hope everyone is well.

Weather looks much more promising today and there is no snow falling.

I have a very long list of chores and like yesterday DH is not in for lunch. It made such a difference to my day yesterday seemed to have more time to spend on other things.

The shopping is being delivered tonight so hopefully that will last the week.

Have a warm, safe and happy day,

Regards
    :j
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gers I saw that on the news and wondered if it affected you at all. Enjoy your fizz tonight :D Actually, I've just seen MrsLW's post. Forget tonight, drinking it now is a much better idea :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The element finally went in the oven, so we pulled the oven out to replace it. It was one of those jobs – one of the screws fell out, we thought it had just dropped underneath but we couldn't find it, it's floating around in the bottom of the casing somewhere. We had to dig through what I call the EU Screw And Nail Mountain in the shed to find one the same size. It couldn't be screwed in without one of us holding the unit in place from the inside, so guess who was lying on the floor, half in the oven? Yep, me :D Went to put the oven back in place and noticed how bad the sides of the units were, so I scrubbed those down. Then we couldn't get it to stand straight so had to fiddle for ages to line everything up. It was supposed to be a 10 minute job, took us an hour and a half. And when you lie in an oven, you realise it's very overdue for a good clean :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scampi met five dogs yesterday, he took exception to one (and vice versa), was indifferent to three (these three were together and I was a bit worried to start with) and made friends with another :D I was really pleased. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Today I'll be cleaning the oven :D Downstairs desperately needs hoovering, hopefully I can get that done without the hoover being attacked. I've started making a new blanket – yes it's for the dog and you can all stop laughing at that, I CAN hear you! - with a bit of luck I'll have time to get a few rows done.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning all. Lovely start here. Just popping in and out quickly. Mr TA just taken the girls to school, house like a bomb site and have to set off for SIL's DM's funeral in just over an hour - and still not dressed though have been in the shower! All rush, rush, rush - I'm getting too old for this! Have a good day all xx Hope things are picking up for you and your DD elona.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

my head is full of a family drama at the moment. I needed someone to talk to so ive confided in 'Youngest'. He's confirmed that I am right to be concerned but neither of us are sure as to how to go about dealing with it. Not sure if I should have confided in him really but I had to talk to someone.

Hubby is away all weekend. Don't think he's coming home till after Easter so he wont be here for my birthday or our wedding anniversary.

Youngests girlfriend is coming for the weekend but I'd like to find my own desert island to escape to.

Onwards and forwards

have a great day all.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

Judi - Hope you find a way forward.
    Gers - Oooh Happy Retirement :)

Bright but very chilly here today.

Off to look at a car this afternoon. It's been quite hard to find what I want within a reasonable distance. This one I need to see in the flesh as it has those stripes that go over the top of it IYKWIM and body graphics. I am worried it will look a bit boy racerish and I am 52!!! I wonder if I need to blend in a bit more.

Going to pop in to see my dad later this morning.

Have a good day all :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport