Giordano wine

Options

Comments

• wineback
    Options
    Once tried making wine, wife asked me for a bottle---was well chuffed , until I saw her pouring it in the sink. She said it was the best thing she ever had for cleaning mark and stains off the steel sink--- good job I had wine left to drown my sorrows
  • Crescentmoon
    Options
    I ordered this deal online (case of red wine) and was a bit concerned when the invoice details just had “Italian Table Red Wines” on it with no reference to the extras. I opted to pay via paypal and ordered on the 31st July and my case arrived on the 13th August. Plates, bowls and food were all included. The way I looked at it was 12 bottles of wine at £5 each, the food and dishes are just a bonus. We’ve only sampled one of the bottles but it was delicious so all in all a great deal. Thank you for the original post.
  • CAHA
    CAHA Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Bit concerned as I placed my order on 5th August - told my son about the deal and he placed his order on the 6th August. Apart from an initial order acknowledgement have had no further contact. Have tried to send a message or an email but failed and as the only other option is to dial an 0844 number will try a variety of electronic methods before using this as a last resort. Sadly first impressions not good !
    Regards

Chris
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 September 2015 at 9:02PM
    Options
    CAHA wrote: »
    ... the only other option is to dial an 0844 number ...
    Regulation 41 of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 requires that where they provider a telephone number for post sales contact that it must begin 01, 02, 03 or 080.

Where they fail to do so, Regulation 41(2) gives you the right to a refund of your call costs over and above whatever the equivalent call to an 01, 02 or 03 number would have cost.

These regulations apply to retailers, traders and passenger transport companies and have been in place since 13 June 2014. Breaches of the regulations can be reported to Trading Standards via the Citizen's Advice national Consumer Helpline on 0345 404 0506.
  • bcooney
    Options
    I ordered the offer of wine, food and plates from this company on 6 August and received an automated acknowledgement indicating that delivery would be in 10 days or, at most 28 days. I contacted them on 31 August (through their web site chat), and received assurances that the parcel would definitely be delivered before I go on holiday on 15 September. I contacted them again on 9 September and was told the delivery was on its way and would arrive on 16 September! I have asked them to cancel the order and refund the money. Still no sign of the refund. I fear I may have to pursue them through Paypal. I was really looking forward to receiving my order, and had already picked out the next things I wanted to order from them. Now, I would avoid them like the plague.
  • RA15
    Options
    Much like bcooney, I ordered this at the start of September in the hope that it would arrive by the end of September as it was meant to make up part of a birthday hamper but since the first automated email I have had no response to my emails through their website. There has not even been a charge to my card which makes me wonder if the parcel is going to turn up at all.

I would definitely not recommend using the company.
  • bargain_babs
    bargain_babs Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fab offer - received mine with the white wine, plates etc - everything has been wonderful. Can I go back and order the red wines as well? - seemed to take a little while to arrive but I don't have a problem with that. I would order again.
  • bubbleflower
    Options
    We ordered the wine, food and plates offer for £59.95 including delivery on 19 October, and it was delivered on 30 October. Very pleased with the quality and delivery time. Not tasted wine or food yet, but it looks goid, and previous reviews look promising. Would order again. Might give some as Christmas gifts.
    Got married to Jamie!! :love:
    Thursday 19 September 2013

Aphrodite Beach Wedding Venue, Ayia Napa, Cyprus
    :kisses2:

Loved every minute!!
    :happyhear
  • carol57
    Options
    Offer does not seem to be there now on their website
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,953 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    carol57 wrote: »
    Offer does not seem to be there now on their website

They seem to have pulled it early:

Due to exceptional demand, this offer is no longer available.
    However, we now have a new offer – please click below

Latest Deal is just as good though https://www.giordanowines.co.uk/landing/WP/UK90580/index_affiliation.php

confezione.jpg
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure