Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE

Options

Comments

• smulx
    smulx Posts: 1,426 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes a lot of websites are white. But on sites like ebay you're generally not reading a lot of text. Even reading through this thread is straining my eyes. Other forums I use usually have the option of using a darker theme which I always opt for.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've changed the format in my control panel to classic skin......
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    smulx wrote: »
    But on sites like ebay you're generally not reading a lot of text.
    You sound like one of the many customers who then complain that the item isn't what they expected despite there being a very detailed text description presented to them on the listing!!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I just got the bright new sign-on & the restful green once I'd tagged in. Which I can cope with. If the bright replaces the green, I'll have to tweak my monitor pretty heavily.
    iphone hasn't realised yet, thank goodness.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    As I just posted above - so are most of the modern websites! Is this the only website you ever use? I bet you use mainly white websites all the time but you just don't notice it.

I run a very successful ecommerce website that has the modern white style and have had endless positive feedback about its look.

White background yes. But everything is not 50 shades of white. Theres contrasting colours - in images, headers, text.

There needs to be distinction or it all just blends into one big mess!
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • an1179
    an1179 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cannot find my user cp
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 15,524 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    What glennamy just posted above is so true. It happens regularly on Facebook when they make changes. Literally millions of people complain about the new look but are still using it days/months/years later. Then they get used it and complain again about the next change. Its human nature to dislike change but some people cope better than others. After all, its only a forum - nobody has been hurt or killed over it!

Most of the people complaining now will still be here in months/years to come.

Not those of us who the new look physically made us feel ill and sick. I've complained about the new look BBC but at least that hasn't made me feel queasy and ill in the same way this new MSE look did after a short time of use.

I'll get use to the BBC and continue to use it. I can't continue to use MSE if it makes me ill, that's not a choice of getting use to a new look it's a forced choice on health grounds.
    [FONT=&quot]“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used it for weeks and never got used to it. I think I hated it more the longer I had to use it! I did try and persevere as I know change can be difficult, but I can never get used to something that is awful.
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    smulx wrote: »
    Yes a lot of websites are white. But on sites like ebay you're generally not reading a lot of text. Even reading through this thread is straining my eyes. Other forums I use usually have the option of using a darker theme which I always opt for.

I think MSE should give members the option too, either stay with the old version, or the new one. why should we be made to use the new one when it's obvious that so many hate it.

And for those of you saying you can't understand why it gives us a headache, many members, including me, have problems with our eyes which the brightness aggravates.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    White background yes. But everything is not 50 shades of white. Theres contrasting colours - in images, headers, text.

There needs to be distinction or it all just blends into one big mess!
    We must be looking at different websites!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure