Flight oversold - compensation? (easyJet)

Options
Hi guys,

I forgot to check in to my flight enough in advance. Got to the airport 1.5 hours before departure (flight to Spain) and after queuing to check 1 bag in, I was told the flight has been over sold and I could not get on it.

EasyJet were quite accommodating all things considered and checked me into a flight that evening (9 hours away) and gave me a day room at the hilton to sleep out the wait and get work done.

They mentioned 400+ euros in compensation including (obviously) the flight.

As accommodating as they were I still missed a very important meeting in Spain and as I got very little work done today, I probably won't be billing the client (who I'm doing contract consulting for). So essentially because of this over booking, I've missed out on income (quantifiable) and work productivity (unquantifiable).

What do you guys recommended?

Thanks,

P

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Check in earlier in future :p

On a serious note I'm a regular with them and I've never heard of this happening before. Was the flight before yours cancelled and they'd bumped people onto yours ?

Given the level of compensation I can't see them being responsible for consequential loss but let us know how you get on
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No consequential loss but you have a delay/cancellation claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure