Cards most likely to offer credit limit of £6000(ish) and 0% purchases?

Daysleeper
Daysleeper Posts: 5 Forumite
I’m hoping to get some advice on which cards are most likely to offer me a credit limit of approximately £6000 and 0% on purchases.

Ideally I will need 32 months at 0% (at which point my ISA will mature), which would require a balance transfer and another card somewhere down the line, but I don’t currently have any balances I need to transfer.

I gather from the MSE and totallymoney.com eligibility checkers that I have around 50-60% chance of acceptance on 0% cards by the Halifax, Lloyds or M&S Bank, around 80% for Barclaycard and 95% for MBNA Everyday. Presumably they would be my best bet, but I don't want to bother if the limits would be low. Also, Barclaycard and MBNA offer only 7-14 months or 11-16 months respectively at 0%, and 7 or 11 months - and maybe even 14 months - would not be good for me.

The low chance of acceptance would likely be due to my salary, which only just clears £15,000. Otherwise my credit file is reasonably healthy.

Santander have been my main current account provider for around 8 months, but I don’t have much chance of getting a card with them. My main account was with Halifax for 13 years prior to that (and I previously had an overdraft limit of £2750 with them until I cancelled it recently). Money still goes into and out of my Halifax accounts for the £5 reward.

I have current accounts with the following banks:

- Clydesdale/Yorkshire
- Co-op
- Halifax
- Lloyds
- M&S
- Nationwide
- Santander
- TSB.

My credit cards/available credit is as follows:

- £1000 on CapitalOne Platinum card
- £200 between two overdrafts

Any suggestions regarding credit limit will be much appreciated!

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    in my experience, MBNA and Barclaycard are the best providers for good limits. a. because they can offer them straight off. and b. they can be persuaded to merge limits between different accounts.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tesco were my latest higher limits

• Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    TSB gave me a 10k limit - used that on a car.

My stooze has hit a wall at the moment though. Just cant seem to get a decent limit - 2ks here n there (tesco, santander). MBNA eligibility checker wouldnt offer me the top money transfer option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure