Special delivery signed for but not received

Options
I have ordered something from CEX.

It was sent RMSD and it says signed for yesterday 9.56am (we weren't in).

No card had been left.

It just says our surname and the digital signature says "NLND" or "NLNO" I can't tell.

What do we do? This is the first time this has happened.
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18

Comments

• JournalGirl
    JournalGirl Posts: 524 Forumite
    Options
    Does it mean left next door?
  • jeffuk
    jeffuk Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Might be worth phoning your local delivery office, they may be able to help.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jeffuk wrote: »
    Might be worth phoning your local delivery office, they may be able to help.

I tried searching for the number, but I could only get a central 08457 number, have rung them and they said I need to contact CEX (have done that, can only be done by email though).

Am going to check with next door both sides (one side is not in at the moment).
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

sorry for the delay, had to go out.

The parcel was with the next door neighbour that was in. As soon as she opened the door she handed me the parcel, of course I was expecting them not to have it, so it was a surprise.

Said she didn't bring it round last night because it was too late. We were both in at 7pm, so don't think that was too late, but hey ho.
  • JoW123
    JoW123 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

sorry for the delay, had to go out.

The parcel was with the next door neighbour that was in. As soon as she opened the door she handed me the parcel, of course I was expecting them not to have it, so it was a surprise.

Said she didn't bring it round last night because it was too late. We were both in at 7pm, so don't think that was too late, but hey ho.

Maybe she was expecting you to go round and collect it?! She probably thought you would have had a card telling you where it was. Either way, she has saved you a trip to the Post Office.
    'And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears'
  • chancesare_2
    chancesare_2 Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    Options
    JoW123 wrote: »
    Maybe she was expecting you to go round and collect it?! She probably thought you would have had a card telling you where it was. Either way, she has saved you a trip to the Post Office.

Trip to the post office?
  • JoW123
    Options
    chancesare wrote: »
    Trip to the post office?

Special delivery needs to be signed for. The OP states there was no-one in when it arrived so if the neighbour hadn't signed for it, it would have needed collecting! Items like that are taken to my Post Office for collection.
  • chancesare_2
    chancesare_2 Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    Options
    JoW123 wrote: »
    Special delivery needs to be signed for. The OP states there was no-one in when it arrived so if the neighbour hadn't signed for it, it would have needed collecting! Items like that are taken to my Post Office for collection.

Post office? Items are taken back to Royal Mail's delivery office, not even the same company as the Post Office.
  • JoW123
    Options
    chancesare wrote: »
    Post office? Items are taken back to Royal Mail's delivery office, not even the same company as the Post Office.

Blimey! As I said before where I live, items are returned to my local Post Office for collection. It may well be that it doubles as Royal Mail's delivery office for collection items, I don't know as I don't tend to quiz them as to their proper title when I want to pick something up!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport