🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Payment limits from Lloyds Bank??

Options
Does anybody know how much I can send from my lloyds bank current account in one transaction.
I think the daily faster payment limit is £25000, but can i do more if I phone telephone banking?
Is the standing order limit more than this? For example if i set up a standing order for, say, tomorrow, is the limit more than £25,000?
And could I ALSO do a £25,000 f/p 'tomorrow' as well as a standing order?
Any help would be appreciated, i just couldnt be bothered to speak to the bank tonight.

(I don't actually mean 'tomorrow' lets assume its not the weekend!)
thankyou

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Limit is £25k per day - but you need to leave a complete 24 hours before attempting a second transaction.
    Telephone banking won't be able to send any more.

I think you need to do a Chaps payment if time is critical - cost £30.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anybody know how much I can send from my lloyds bank current account in one transaction.

Is the standing order limit more than this?

See http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/consumers/transaction-limits

Regards
    Sunil
  • Lloyds_Bank
    Lloyds_Bank Posts: 377 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I think the daily faster payment limit is £25000, but can i do more if I phone telephone banking?
    Is the standing order limit more than this? For example if i set up a standing order for, say, tomorrow, is the limit more than £25,000?
    And could I ALSO do a £25,000 f/p 'tomorrow' as well as a standing order?
    Any help would be appreciated, i just couldnt be bothered to speak to the bank tonight.

(I don't actually mean 'tomorrow' lets assume its not the weekend!)
    thankyou

Hi savingsomemore,

There's a maximum daily account limit of £25,000 for personal customers. This can be a combination of the following: (This doesn't include transfers between accounts in your own name)

• Bill payments
    • Payments to individuals
    • New standing orders
    • Travel money
    • The value of any increase in a standing order

The limits above apply equally to sole and joint accounts. i.e. if you have a joint account, this doesn't mean that both parties can spend up to these limits on any given day. You also wouldn't be able to pay £25,000 via Internet Banking then do more through PhoneBank.

Thanks,

Gary
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Lloyds Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE[FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]The information I have provided in this post is correct as at the date of posting."
  • savingsomemore
    Options
    The limits above apply equally to sole and joint accounts. i.e. if you have a joint account, this doesn't mean that both parties can spend up to these limits on any given day. You also wouldn't be able to pay £25,000 via Internet Banking then do more through PhoneBank.

Thanks,

Gary

Great
    So if i had £50,000 in joint account i could transfer £25,000 to me, and £25,000 to partner and then we could each do a faster payment for £25,000 on that day?
  • savingsomemore
    Options
    And is this separate from debit card payments? What is the limit on these (and is it a daily limit or a transaction limit)
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Great
    So if i had £50,000 in joint account i could transfer £25,000 to me, and £25,000 to partner and then we could each do a faster payment for £25,000 on that day?

If the payments were made from different accounts yes - but if you have a sole account then you can only transfer £25k to someone else' account.
    Instead of of all these theories about this and that why don't you just tell us what you want/need to do??;)
  • savingsomemore
    Options
    ok
    getting quite a big an inheritance soonish and want to send it to a few places quite quickly (nervous about leaving possibly 500k in one bank)
    I do realise I can do CHAPS but may not be able to get to my branch at that time, and i believe I have to do that in person!?

I just want to be 'ready' and know what I will be doing.

The debit card question is because I can fund NS&I income bonds with debit card.

Any advice or tips would be nice thanks
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can request CHAPS payments over the phone if you are set up for telephone banking.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    If you don't want to be charged - then use old fashioned cheques.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The chances of Lloyds going bust in the next couple of weeks are infinitesimally small.

What about a cheque payable to NS&I and risk it for a few days?

Of course there is a chance of the UK going bust too, but even smaller.

Then again advice on a forum is worth zippo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport