The "Mortgage-free in 2025-30" club!

Options
1555657585961»

Comments

• clarew
    clarew Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok so I’ve not been very active on here but am still plodding away with overpayments.  
    Mortgage should finish in oct 2028 but is on track to finish early around april 2025 BUT this is dependent on what happens when our fixed rate ends at end of march 2024.
    as we will have probably 1 year left at that point I’m planning to just leave it on svr and take the hit in interest in order to allow our overpayments to continue otherwise I’d have to take out a 2 yr fixed which limits our overpayment potential.

am getting very excited to think that this time next year I may be sitting here with less than a year left on the mortgage and being only a few thousand left to go!   
    I have done my New Year’s Eve Tilly tidy to bring the mortgage year end to a nice .oo finish 🤣. Ending nye on £16,500  24 years in, 2 increases in mortgage amount, on our 3rd property since it started and 4 children (nearly completely raised to teens/adults) and l In the words of fat boy slim, We’ve come a long long way together…through the hard times and the good..! 🤪🤪 

Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback