freedom2surf

Options
At the moment I am with EFH Broadband but recently I have been suffering connection problems.
Although the helpline is a free phone number you are diverted to a foreign country.
Unfortunately because of language differences I have had problems understanding what is being said so have decided to change provider.

I am thinking of giving freedom2surf a try, has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with this company?

Thanks

Comments

• tightbarsteward
    Options
    Yeah I used to with them. They were excellent at first then were bought by Plusnet (I think) & they went downhill after that. Avoid.

Go with the small companies & avoid the big ones.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/
  • bigviv
    bigviv Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    they have recently been bought by tiscali, so avoid like the plague i'd say

i'm with them at the moment, and am in the process of moving to sky, save a bit of cash
  • avantra
    avantra Posts: 1,327 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to give you a balance view of someone who has been with Freedom2surf since 2004,

I had very few issues with them , I have moved from Essex to Liverpool and than down to Bristol due to my work in that time. Every time I moved they were exellent in providing the service and connecting me again in my new place.

They always came back to me when I emailed them or call them.

I can't give you a comparison as I always been with them and the service is very good. In the last year since they were taken over by Pipex (and than by tiscalli) they were a bit slower on the phone which I assume is due to more people using them.

The advantages I get from £14.99/month is:

1. good support
    2. The lite package is really un-metered even if they say there is a cap on it (I am a heavy bittorent user and I go about 100% above my limit and they don't ask me for more ££)
    Actually I have asked one of their tech support people why is this, as I wanted to pay for more GIG but were told that they actually don't have a system in place to meter the usage.

3. I was offline for 1 hour in total in 3 years.

4. you get 500 minutes free telephone calls to 01/02 only numbers every month (don't use it for anything else such as 18185,1899,0844, you can overide the CPS by adding 1280 to get your 0844, 1899,18185 via BT which is cheaper)

5. you talk to support/sales people in the UK

6. Max broadband speed (anything between 2 gb/sec to 8 gb/sec depending on your location)

7. Web site address, email, router etc' all free

8. min contract only 6 month

What else do you need from an ISP? apart from them making you coffee?

I belive in giving a good word were it is deserved.

P.S

oldbuffer , they will give me one month free broadband if I recommend another client, you can email me your name at dhecht1 at yahoo dot co dot uk
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
  • chrisw2k
    chrisw2k Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have to agree with the first two replies unfortunately. They used to be excellent - no probs at all. However in the last few months my connection seems to randomly drop and doesnt link back up for an hour. Seems to be happening more often now. This could be BT of course but I never used to have this problem so dont know :-\ . Cant comment on the Customer service.
  • libertino
    libertino Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    In my third year with them now. Haven't really had any problems with the service, though if and when you do their customer support isn't the most accessible or helpful.

Reason I'm posting is because I've just realised I've gone over my metered usage allowance for the month, and was wondering if anyone knows what the charges are?
  • simon_e_3
    Options
    Oldbuffer, I have just got a service from Freedom2Surf on my brand new phone line. After BT messed up and somehow disconnected us we called freedom2surf and their customer service was exemplary. They liased with BT (who's fault it was), they kept us informed and they always happy to be of service.
    Our connection is reliably quick and will top out at 8Mbps during off peak periods. They have a multitude of packages available for all types of user, although I can't comment on what happens if you go over your download limit.
    There's no yearly contract, no connection fee (if you're with them for 6 months) and flexible payment methods .
    I would thouroughly recommend using their service! -hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure