IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Humberside airport VCS PCN overturned on IAS appeal

Options

Comments

• stinky_docker
    Options
    Hello Bodmass,

I've just had my VCS appeal rejected so at the IAS stage for the same airport (Humberside).

On your double topic post, was this attached as a PDF on the website or did you send in a letter…?

Did you send in any other items, I have the photo's from the alleged offence, again at night and with brake lights on, the period was 1min 15 secs…

Any help would be really appreciated
  • Timothea
    Timothea Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 March 2015 at 2:46AM
    Options
    It seems to me that the most likely explanation for this appeal being allowed was not any decision by IAS but rather that VCS decided to withdraw its invoice, knowing that it would lose in court. If so then this is not a win at IAS, there were no legal grounds for allowing the appeal and IAS retains its coveted status as a proper kangaroo court!
  • TM74
    TM74 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would Bodmass's appeal to Humberside airport be the same at RHA as they are doing the same there?

I pulled up for a few seconds to put a receipt book away, I noticed a white camera van pulling up for a few seconds and then pulling off he then did the same further up, I instantly knew what he was doing, so I drove after him but he disappeared, however after about 5 minutes I saw him again, i pulled up beside him and asked him to wind his window down which he reluctantly did, I then asked him why he took at photo of my car which was stopped for about 30 seconds and his reply was 'It wasn't me, i have only just started work, I have only just started work a few minutes ago'

Makes me sick that this sort of thing can be done or try to be done.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes it's exactly the same ........

try searching for John Lennon airport in this forum for a multitude of other threads ...

Ralph:cool:
  • antonuk2005
    Options
    Hi newbie here, I have just had my soft appeal for the exact thing at Liverpool Airport rejected by VCS and am now considering using a similar appeal to IPC. I am happy to post the results and keep everyone up to date with whether this is an ongoing sucessful appeal procedure if that's of any use?

Any further advice given would be gratefully received. I got my soft appeal rejection on 16th March but don't intend on appealing to IPC until the latest point possible just to prove a point that they have no legal entitlement to a penny and I'm not backing down to them.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,607 Forumite
    Options
    Hi newbie here, I have just had my soft appeal for the exact thing at Liverpool Airport rejected by VCS and am now considering using a similar appeal to IPC. I am happy to post the results and keep everyone up to date with whether this is an ongoing sucessful appeal procedure if that's of any use?

Any further advice given would be gratefully received. I got my soft appeal rejection on 16th March but don't intend on appealing to IPC until the latest point possible just to prove a point that they have no legal entitlement to a penny and I'm not backing down to them.

It's a proven winner against a regime (IAS) that hardly upholds any appeal. There's nothing better 'in the fridge' here, so go with that and let us know how it fares.

Are you going to cross-reference your appeal to the Humberside appeal, or just let the IAS walk into it afresh and test their consistency of approach?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options

if this is true then you are "out of time" as the IAS only allows 21 days from the rejection date for any appeal
  • antonuk2005
    Options
    Sorry 16th May I recieved the soft appeal rejection not March. I will send it as a fresh appeal and test their consistency to this approach.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,607 Forumite
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    if this is true then you are "out of time" as the IAS only allows 21 days from the rejection date for any appeal

Well spotted Red!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Well spotted Red!

ha ha , lol

let us hope this member applies more due diligence to the IAS appeal than they did to a simple reply ;)

I had to go off what was written, yet my instincts told me they meant MAY and not MARCH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport