We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Is anyone making something for mother's day rather than buying it?

If you're making something instead of buying for your mum this year it would be fab to see what you've made!

Or if you made something in the past we'd love to see that.

If your mum knows your username on here tell her not to look :)
Could you do with a Money Makeover?


Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    One to get you started.

    16739328266_224ff5f5a0.jpg

    Spring Birthday or Mother's Day Card by tgroom57, on Flickr
  • MissSarah151
    MissSarah151 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tgroom57 wrote: »
    One to get you started.

    16739328266_224ff5f5a0.jpg

    Spring Birthday or Mother's Day Card by tgroom57, on Flickr

    That is lovely :)
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,431 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    This is my mum's card this year, sorry I forgot to take a photo after I made it up.

    mothersday2015_zpssfptthzr.jpg

    And this was last years one.

    mothers_day_card_2014_zps9838f778.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: - Crochet: Lakeside Cardigan
  • glynisrose
    glynisrose Posts: 199 Forumite
    I always make a nice card for my auntie as I lost my mum many years ago.....
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Does this count?

    Last time grand babies were here I took loads of photos with my camera.
    I did not let on it was for a photo mug from the children to give their mum on Mothers day.
    Home made as I took the photos?
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,551 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I'm going to knit my mum a bunch of flowers.
    remove 7/100; read 3/10; ex 27/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 12/100; protein 30/100
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,431 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I'm going to knit my mum a bunch of flowers.
    I'd love to see these when finished, I'm thinking of crocheting a bunch of flowers for my bedroom :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: - Crochet: Lakeside Cardigan
  • Hoipolloi
    Hoipolloi Posts: 663 Forumite
    Yes. A card, a ruffle scarf, keyrings, assorted blank cards with envelopes, for her to write to her friends.
    :staradmin: June NSD's 2/19:staradmin: Sealed Pot #460 :staradmin: £/day £185 saved :staradmin: W.S.C 2015 #45 :staradmin: F.P. 2/24 months :staradmin:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.