AFFINITY WATER -increase in annual bill 7.64%

Options
2»

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a look inside - that's probably where the meter is - they aren't very big and are usually fitted in the footway box with the main stopcock.

Make sure you take a reading and check it regularly as you'll now be paying for what you use - a great incentive to save water.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,001 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    Have a look inside - that's probably where the meter is - they aren't very big and are usually fitted in the footway box with the main stopcock.

Make sure you take a reading and check it regularly as you'll now be paying for what you use - a great incentive to save water.

Looks to be empty. A cylindrical tube of murky water.

Maybe it is a work in progress.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Try emptying the murky water - the meter might be submerged and you might have a leak.

Don't leave it and hope, just in case they've done the job and walked off leaving you with a leak
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • silvercar
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    Try emptying the murky water - the meter might be submerged and you might have a leak.

Don't leave it and hope, just in case they've done the job and walked off leaving you with a leak

I phoned them, its empty. The team that installs meters and the team that fits stops haven't yet visited. They apparently have to do so within 3 days of the pipe being excavated....we are on day 7 or the 4th working day (depending how you count).
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • silvercar
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    I phoned them, its empty. The team that installs meters and the team that fits stops haven't yet visited. They apparently have to do so within 3 days of the pipe being excavated....we are on day 7 or the 4th working day (depending how you count).

5 weeks since the first team found the pipe and still no stop or meter. I have a feeling we have dropped off their system.

Oh well, all strengthens the claim for an assessed charge.
  • AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My Affinity bill just increased. DD from £22 to £27 per month for a one bed flat. I am on a metered service. I think it's quite a lot. I've switched to quarterly billing which won't help but I'm fed up of large DDs every month because all my bills are paid that way.
  • Shovel_Lad
    Shovel_Lad Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    My Affinity bill just increased. DD from £22 to £27 per month for a one bed flat. I am on a metered service. I think it's quite a lot. I've switched to quarterly billing which won't help but I'm fed up of large DDs every month because all my bills are paid that way.
    :think:

So you don't want a big monthly water bill but you're happy with an even bigger bill every quarter?
    Am I missing something?
  • AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shovel_Lad wrote: »
    :think:

So you don't want a big monthly water bill but you're happy with an even bigger bill every quarter?
    Am I missing something?

I have been overcharged £300 in DD by two companies, albeit not the water one. It just gives me a bit more control. I can't afford to be £300 down at the moment as each month end is really tight until I get more on top of things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure