PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No nannywidow mar and I will knock you over and our rush to get the jelly babies.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Oooooooooohhh jelly babies! :j:j:j:j:j:j
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All - BBQ went very well yesterday. Good bunch of new members, the sun shone, the tide was in and very calm so the club was looking it's best! DS1 and DH cooked for about 80 in the end and a good day was had by all. We got home about 10pm shattered - don't know how Burtha manages to do it - total respect!!
    The weather is forecast to continue this week so I do hope you all manage to get to enjoy this flaming June!
    Checked my little greenhouse yesterday &the temp was nearly 90!!!! Mini cucumbers have gone berserk looks like I'll be feeding the neighbourhood again but it's good to share. Lots of soft fruit ripening so need to have a picking session. Weather is supposed to be hotter tomorrow & I've promised to take a friend shopping :(
    Have a good day all x
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning! Glad it went so well silvasava :T We had egg and chips in the end :D and very nice it was too as we hadn't had that for ages.

Hester how lovely that DD1 is so fond of CHS :)

nannywindow You post as rarely or as often as you want, we're happy that you're here :)

Just back from church - I went to the early service, as my usual seat with the choir at 10.30 is in the full sun at this time of year, and I couldn't face it on such a hot day. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler next week!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ears p r ick up - did someone mention Jelly Babies?:rotfl:

Tried to type this before and it didn't like the 2nd word *snerk*
    Must use my stash up!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Knit Witch, it's hilarious isn't it?
    My "chin up, Titus out," mantra never fails to amuse me.
    You never know when the Forum Monitor's ruler is going to descend sharply across your knuckles over some innocuously meant word.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    What jelly babies? I don't see any jellybabies!
    *Innocent wee granny MadArthur*
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on keeping going with the bbq , it's always not the day itself that get me it's the next day ... when I have to think what's next ...
    Cream teas , film afternoon,kids fun day,night at the dogs race night , plus a few craft markets ....The list goes on
    Hopefully soon we will have a new bunch of trustees (myself included ) then we can move on with the plans ...

Need the weather to cool down a lot .... dh is doing one of his runs again , this time it's 190 miles , from St Bees all the way across .. over 3 days , raising money for the rnli and air ambulance , starts 5 30 am on wed
    Sure he will be fine , but always a bit on edge when he's doing stuff like this ..

Dh has been at work today so been home alone ( well 2 teenage kids , passing through adult kids ) so had the old hard paddling pool out and washed all the dogs , great fun ..I even had the pup swimming before I started wash and lots of shakes ....
    Then did a major clean up of the kennels ... 3 hours worth , nice weather is great to pressure wash everything in site ... think the dogs were thinking "please leave me alone " :D

Right time to have fun ,get steamy with an iron :(... roll on the kids summer holidays
    £223/ £250 GC
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    burtha wrote: »

Right time to have fun ,get steamy with an iron :(... roll on the kids summer holidays

:eek::eek: at this time of night :eek:

General comment, not aimed at you burtha :)...why do people [STRIKE]waste[/STRIKE] spend so much time ironing?

Often I read posts on OS Board about peoples ironing mountain they must tackle :huh:

What exactly are they ironing? And more to the point, WHY?

I iron absolutely nothing, nada, zilch.

OK so work shirts might need ironing, but I never did (I don't own an iron so couldn't even if I was struck on the head and awoke with a desire to iron :p)..They were washed, then taken straight from the washer, given a good shake to get rid of creases then hung on a coat hanger to dry. Perfect :)

So what is this thing with ironing..I honestly don't understand it..

Life is too short to waste days of it on such a pointless (imho) exercise!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Totally agree , I only iron about 2 per cent of our clothes , tonight it was kids shirts and my pharmacy tops ...
    Thankfully dh is ex army and irons all his work uniform ... perfect lines in everything lol
    £223/ £250 GC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport