PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Having a day here when I can hardly lift my head nevermind my feet. Can somebody send the pigeon up with a custard cream for me??

As long as you promise ONLY to eat the custard cream... :cool:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No wonder Camelot said we were all Nuts.

ivyleaf At least you will get your cataracts done. 5 or 6 years ago they were not allowing them to be done at all. I had resigned myself to never having mine done.

I have been lucky they don't seem to have got any worse in the last 5 years.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    edited 16 June 2017 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Room for as many as can find a space love, there's always tea or coffee and usually someone has a custard cream secreted away in a secret place to share with us. If you make virtual cake you'll be an instant hit!!! Mine's a carrot cake please, welcome in !!! xxx.

I bought a currant cake at the bakery earlier, help yourselves everyone :D!

nursemaggie that's awful that they stopped doing them at all! I know a lot of people had one done and then the hospital kept making excuses not to do the other one, but the govt have now warned the NHS Trusts concerned that it is unacceptable to do that.. if that happened to me I think I'd have a permanent headache as I'd have one eye with (hopefully) 20/20 vision and one at minus 10.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Carrot cake sounds wonderful ,
    Having a sneaky 5 mins before football/shopping/feeding animals/people , seriously cheesed off at the minute,to much to do and feeling blurry, hey ho
    Just been a long week (s)
    Can the elephant/hamster come here next .... but no more dogs please , training the pup we have is enough fun ...
    £223/ £250 GC
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    The government are lying it was them that told the NHS to stop doing cataract operations on the over 65s.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not going to work again, you lot have too much fun! Sorry to say the pigeon won't be arriving mar, I think I ran over it on the way home. The custard cream got squished under the tyre but that's nothing compared to the feathers and bits of pigeon stuck to the bumper. (This is a true story by the way, apart from the custard cream!).

Sorry you're under a lot of stress FBO, not sure what's happened but take care of yourself.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to FBO and anyone else in need.
    If Mar has eaten the Elephant and GQ's Nursie is busy, email me your address FBO and I'll come to yours all dressed in leather, wearing my thigh length boots and carrying my floggers and a bull whip.
    It's not a pretty sight and would make anyone turn tail and run (well after they had taken a video to send up to YBF)
    Possibly not as scary as an elephant but I'm the size of a baby one!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh my - I turn my back for 5 minutes and you're all at it again. Mar's eaten the elephant with a side of custard creams. Monna's got a zorbing Dalmatian, Hester's getting tooled up ( rephrase - going equipped) The Lawyers in the freezer, Mrs L is eating cake and Camelot's squashed the pidgeon................I need a lie down in a darkened room for quite a while
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Right you lot! Time for bed! Back to your rooms with the nice, cushiony wallpaper, put on your pyjama jackets, (you know, the ones that fasten up at the back) and line up for your meds! We can't be having this nonsense, the full moon was days ago, so there's no excuse!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right you lot! Time for bed! Back to your rooms with the nice, cushiony wallpaper, put on your pyjama jackets, (you know, the ones that fasten up at the back) and line up for your meds! We can't be having this nonsense, the full moon was days ago, so there's no excuse!

No :p

BTW did you Fencers realise there is a poster on MSE who goes by the name of EatingTheElephant :eek:....so be careful of drawing attention to any remaining Hefalumps :shhh: (that Mar has so far left unscathed due to a lack of freezer space! :silenced:)

PS: I chanced upon said posters name whilst browsing the site, thought I was 'seeing' things!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family