PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Fri 3rd July 07

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 3rd July 07 This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning. TGIF.
I have 5 days off starting at 4pm. Looking forward to it. Pity Cornwall was not full of tourists though.
We have relatives visiting the area this week and so I have a fishing trip booked, so that my uncle can go out sea fishing instead of the usual river fishing.
I think it's bottle of wine tonight and nice meal...

Well better go and do the chores before work.
Cheers
NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!

Comments

• tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Morning N9eav and all who follow,
    Up early again today just not sleeping just now!!
    going to make a couple of batches of pancakes before the family surface i agree TGIF even though i'm not at work these last couple of weeks and i'm off again next week i still enjoy the weekends.
    have had a really good week with my flylady never thought i would say that i was enjoying housework though!!!!!
    will have to nip out today for some milk and tonight we go to DSS' and visit 2 DGD's and i always look forward to that one of the girls is 5 and the other about one and a half and i really enjoy their company they have developed such lovely characters.
    Anyway better go and check flylady and see whats in store for me today then on to make the pancakes,
    have a lovely day everybody
    tooties
    :j
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    GOOD MORNING n9EAV AND TOOTIES and all to follow,

been out watching my hedgies since 4.45am !!!!!
    im now munching on chocolate fingers !!!!!
    off to work in a mo, then town, then cut the grass ( didnt do it yesterday )

it looks like its going to be a hot weekend... yippppeeeee !!!!!!

pp congratulations x x

i fancy jacket spuds for dinner

have a good day everyone x x x x x
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning N9EAV and TOOTIES, all who follow and all whose posts cross with mine.

The sun is shining and the sky is blue, maybe it will last today!

I have to go to the bank today so will try and get out early, then I've got some ironing to do and a bit of paperwork so I will try and get all that done today. The house is staying nice and tidy because it's only me here at the moment! DS2 is calling in after work this afternoon so I shall look forward to that and DS1, DIL and the LOs will be back from their holiday in Wales tomorrow - they've been having a lovely time and at least the weather has been good most of the time for them. They picked the least rainiest week!

Going to have a shower so see you all later.

KathyXX:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone
    another nice day here so as I never got the washing done yesterday I will get it done today and on the line
    the kitchen needs a good tidy so I will do that as well
    not sure whats for dinner today but I will raid the freezer shortly
    have a good day
    :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to all
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

Lovely sunny start here today and hopefully its meant to stay that way.

Off to a local village for a fun day later this morning, think there is bouncy castles, stalls etc. Will check what cash I have as may need to pop down the cp first. Will give the kids a budget at the start and when it runs out we come home. Really need to get some more washing and ironing done. Have decided to set up my ironing board in the kids playroom, its out of sight then and will be a lot easier to put the washing away as its upstairs. They are not using the playroom at the moment as they are out in the garden all the time. Need to get some clothes sorted as we are away at the weekend for the night.

Not sure whats for dinner, probably be pie and mash that we didnt have yesterday.

Going have a surf, drink coffee then get dressed.

Have a good one.
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Well I went to work yesterday to see the new photocopiers in, then discovered that the engineer isn't coming till this morning to set the 2 larger ones up!!
    So I'm back to work at 9 this morning for a few more hours, it annoys me that I'm expected to go in for 4 hours when they don't think there is enough money in the budget to pay me & although they may be able to offer me time in lieu, there is never a convenient time for me to take it! But is's me that suffers if I'm not there when the installation is done as I only end up trying to sort out all the problems on the day I go back.
    Plans for today are, DW, WM & a swish & swipe of the kitchen & after work, back to the sewing machine.
    Hope everyone has a good day
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Another bright day, so will strip the bed and wash the sheets. Bought a bikini top from Matalan yesterday, but it is far too big, so will take it back today, problem is, I will probably come out with another bag full of bargains :rolleyes:

Copoking a Chinese tonight with some lovely curry sauce that I got from the Chinese supermarket.

I now have 138 items listed on Ebay, and only have bids on 31, so just hope they sell :eek:

Hope everyone has a good day
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    The countdown has started only 11 hours and os goes out the window until wed!!! Dh finishes work at 5pm then after a quick bath we are off to stay at his mums on the east coast!!!:j :j
    Plan on taking the kids to Burger King for tea ( me and dh may force a burger down too!!;) ) Then off on our hoilday!!
    May only be for 5 days but im so looking forward to it, dh is really ready for his 2 weeks off work, i love it when he is home and we can spend quailty time with the kids.
    Plans for the weekend involve lots of :beer: , beach,a trip to the Maize Maze, a evening at the plesure beach ( cheaper to go at night still trying to be abit of a moneysaver here you see:rolleyes: )Which always goes down well with the kids but me and dh end up feeling ill after being literally dragged on loads of upside downy type rides!!!
    And hopefully a trip to the stock car/monster truck racing on tuesday night.

Want to say a huge thank you to Crazychick for looking after the cat for me whilst we are away.

Hope you all have a great weekend catch up with all your news when i get back.

Donna
    xx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Chums ,well the sun is out and the sky is blue and my conservatory is half finished .The builder was rather monysalybic and seemed to grunt a lot but I'll give him his due he worked very hard .The glass will go in today and I can't wait for the plasterer to come on Monday. I will be the bees knees sitting out there in a couple of weeks recouperating.
    Eldest DD is coming to lunch today so I thought a nice tuna jacket spud with salad and garlic bread sounds good . I can't believe it's Friday already where has this week got to. Still if next week goes as quickly I will be a happy bunny.
    I have a pile of ironing to get through this morning as I am trying to keep up to date with everything. Tomorrow night I am going on one of my youngest DD's ghost investigations in Rochester, so I am going to have a looooooog lie in tomorrow morning as it will be a late night.
    Hope everyone has a good day and <<hugs>> to those who need them

DLB when I was 60 a few years ago we did in the year 60 different things that I'd never done before .I had a great time and my DDs kept comng up with new ideas for days out .I went on the London Eye ,to the Royal British Legion Festival of rememberance (That was brilliant as my nephew ,who is in it every year got my DD and I tickets in a box sitting just underneath H.M the Queen.A fantastic night .I flew in a small aircraft over my house , oh I did so many things and spread over a year it was amazing.
    Beat the heck out of a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers thats for sure.
    Well time to go and get the kettle on for a brew as my builder arrives sharp at 7.a.m.
    Take care all
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Everyone

I am so tired. Why is it everyone I know now wants to have text conversations after I've gone to bed!!!! Do they not realise I get up at 4am??:eek:

Had a physic reading yesterday and it went really well. Feel very positive after it.

Must eat breakfast soon. Still haven't got to Mr T, so definitely off there after work. Need a few things

Well have to do some work

Hope everyone's ok
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills