The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good that you are managing some relaxing in the nice weather SW . :cool: Its the heat that gets to me so I cant do much when its really hot.

It sounds like we are both waiting on tradesmen. I am going to ring heating engineer again this morning as I need to find out if he doesn't want the job so I can start looking for someone else ! It won't be fixed till next week at least now due to bank holiday weekend. :(
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2017 at 5:08PM
    Options
    I hope someone comes for you soon.

I have to do some bits around the house like [STRIKE]clearing mould spores in bedroom for the last time[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]water in the feed and weed I put down yesterday[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]sorting out a dd as I might switch my M&S account as Coop is offering free money[/STRIKE], , [STRIKE]call pharmacy[/STRIKE], help the builder in the afternoon not done as fell asleep. Better to pace ourselves.

Jobs for tomorrow - tidy, write a note explaining progress to dr, help builder if he needs it, plasterer coming tomorrow for a quote and date he can start.

In one week I will have a nice lawn. Last year I had lots of clover at the front that has largely gone now I hit the few odd bits and the back. Next year the lawn will look even better. Slowly slowly my garden is getting there.

One week of holiday left.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Gosh you've been busy SW! Sounds like you should consider a career in project management with everything going on at your house at the moment. Your home is going to be absolutely lovely once you've finished all the work and just how you want it too - I'm dead jealous.

I'm glad you made it to speech therapy - have you been working on your exercises? It's not at all the same but I've had physio before where you're supposed to do exercises at home and I was terrible at actually doing them...
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello my beautiful, my house is a bit of a tip. It used to be quite nice but now my bedroom is in sacks in four rooms. I have ten pairs of knickers and 6 pairs of socks and everything else is in a sack in the house. It is chaos!!!!

I was ill yesterday and spent most of the day in bed. Today I have rested it off and will be cleaning and waiting for builder. Do you have the day off Bobobski? I hope so you can chill.
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    It sounds like organised chaos though and you sound like a woman with a plan and an end goal in sight, which is why I suggested project management!

Sorry to hear you were ill yesterday but I'm glad you took the opportunity to rest. Take it easy today if you can, let the builder do his thing and put your feet up!

Yep I have the day off thank goodness, planning to do nothing at all!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 14 April 2017 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Plasterer only wants £200 to replaster wall, corners of 2 other walls and a 3rd of ceiling. Fab price. Am so happy.

Builder has bought all the materials and they are coming down next week to do it. It will take a while to dry but I can open all the windows over the next week so the earlier the better for me. Later builder will paint and add flooring.

I have [STRIKE]tidied kitchen, am doing a wash [/STRIKE]and [STRIKE]then I will vacuum [/STRIKE]and [STRIKE]water orchids[/STRIKE]. The boys sent me some bolognaise yesterday when I was ill so I don't need to cook. I had half an Easter Egg and have been told off by builder and by Steve. Builder has been instructed to hide it so I don't have any more over Easter as I want to control my blood sugars.

I'm just chilling after as run out of stuff to do. I have much to do but can't move anything till building work is complete.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Your lawn sounds nice SW mine is full of clover.

Good news about the plasterer, hopefully next week they will get most of the work done

Stay away from those easter eggs !!

:EasterBun
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 15 April 2017 at 6:10PM
    Options
    It's gone and so are the smarties. I had to ring the builder up to find out where he had put it as I over injected and had a hypo. Well I can't overeat it now as it's gone. lol. :rotfl:

I am so embarrassing, I embarrass myself.:o
  • savingwannabe
    edited 15 April 2017 at 6:25PM
    Options
    I was supposed to meet Craftyhants in town and I didn't wake up. Steve and Andy, mum and dad and Craftyhants tried to get me up and I said I wanted a lie in. They are all gonna shoot me. Did I say I was an embarrassment? :o

It is Saturday afternoon and I have just showered and got up. I have put a wash on and just planted my replacement lobelia seeds. Bless the builder he has just bought me spare blood test strips as I ran out with all of what happened last week. He is great.

I might not have any friends Steve says he is ashamed of me. :o Crafty Hants is fine we are meeting on Tuesday, Susan has got me a brand new teasmade at a low price of only £5!

I'm nipping out to the corner shop to get some fruit and sausages for the weekend. I gave Susan some grocery money and she only spent £10 as she bought lots of whoopsies. So total spend this week was £20. A good week I think. It's funny as I am not at work at present I am saving so much more money. Even though I spend it all on house things eventually. I do hope I can maintain this when I go back the week after next.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Aw SW I am sure they will forgive you ! You obviously needed the sleep. £5 is a bargain for a teasmaid well done Susan :D

I have told everyone not to buy me an easter egg as I can't regulate my sugars and after my visit to diabetic nurse last week I have been given more pills to take :o I don't really want to take more pills and would rather stick with just my original pills and try to sort out my diet onto low carb. They couldn't give me an appointment to see the Doc and told me to ring next week at 8am on Tuesday to get an appointment, so I will see what happens after the bank holiday.

The sun is shining here already and it looks like being a nice day. Have a lovely day x

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback