Tip - Use Barclaycard for back-door Super Balance Transfer !

Options

Comments

• mp3duck
    mp3duck Posts: 1,305 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dekoder wrote: »
    Yea, I get that. Just thought it's actually fee free and I'm missing something.

It's fee free in as much as you don't get charged for the actual transfer.. The card itself is not fee free. But, if you left enough credit limit space on the card for some cashback spending, you might even cover the £24 with that..
  • ShawUK
    ShawUK Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Got confirmation from Barclays on secure messsage and applied for 123 CC... Wish me luck :o
  • norm_
    norm_ Posts: 187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recall having a positive balance (few hundred pounds) with Santander a few years ago, and they wouldn't transfer it to a bank account. The only way to access it was to spend it or close the account and get a cheque many weeks later presumably.
  • geet
    geet Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    i already have a santander 123 credit card. can i get this 0% fee free BT to a barclay credit card i have (old egg) and then bring it back to my santander 123 current account i have without incurring fee?
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 May 2015 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Norm, it's Barclaycard you are asking for the refund which in my experience they are happy to do.

Geet, yes if you have an existing 0% offer on your 123 card, ie first 60 days.
  • geet
    Options
    thanks mrs t dont think i can do this cos i got this santander 123 credit card a year ago i think ...

any other 0% no annual fee no transfer fee around???
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    geet wrote: »
    thanks mrs t dont think i can do this cos i got this santander 123 credit card a year ago i think ...

any other 0% no annual fee no transfer fee around???
    Halifax
    Sainsbury's
    Tesco
  • geet
    Options
    Hey thanks YB. Can't check so those no good for me. Unfortunately i was travelling past few months and so closed the previous BT CC i had with mbna in jan only to find that it is still open - had a long chat with them and they will close it this month but that has a credit limit of 20K! also a bit nervous about barclays.

Is it worth taking virgin but must pay 4% for SBT and then putting it in my santander current which will give me 3% (in effect 1.8%) and transfering to 1.5% isa in march 2016? since 4 % is over 36 months, i think it may not be a bad idea?
  • CptBlack
    CptBlack Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    ShawUK wrote: »
    Got confirmation from Barclays on secure messsage and applied for 123 CC... Wish me luck :o

I'm looking at doing this when I get a Tesco CC next week. Did this work out without penalty?
  • CptBlack
    CptBlack Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I asked Barclaycard what would happen and this is the response via the secure message so I will try it next week and post the result here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure