Where to buy round Omagh

124»

Comments

• danih
    danih Posts: 454 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just wanted to add to the points made about travel. I live in Omagh, and work in Londonderry - that A5 road is the bane of my life! Its generally an hour each way, and if there are roadworks, or some horror driving in front of you, it get way to close to an hour and a half.

If the job is in omagh, I would move either to Omagh, or within a 10 mile radius - the roads are hateful!!!

I love everything else about Omagh, from Co Down myself, my husband is an Omagh man. Great range of shops, including the New Primark due to open in April.

Best of luck with the move :)
    :j got married 3rd May 2013 :beer:
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    A good point to bear in mind (and the A5 from Omagh to the northwest is a good example of this) many roads are single carriageway and there is a lot of farming land around Omagh. There will be tractors and slow moving farm vehicles!

Has your OH done his shortlist yet?
  • Thanks all, our house is now under offer and we have our shortlist.

I'm flying over tomorrow to view the 9 houses that fit the bill though one stands out miles for us and we'll be offering on Monday, most are (allegedly) under 20 minutes drive from where he works, next step is to find schools!

I'm excited and terrified in equal measure - it's all getting rather real.
    [STRIKE]DFD 22/7/14[/STRIKE]:o:cry:
    OD £1200 ~ CC1 £1875 ~ CC2 £1275 ~ Tesco £4757 ~ Creation £235 ~ FIL £25750
    DEBT @ 28/03/2018 = £35092
  • pc10
    pc10 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Good luck tomorrow with the viewings.

I sent you a pm with some local info if its of any help to you.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh please report back, even with general impressions - I'll be dying to hear about it...

Good luck!
  • steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks all, our house is now under offer and we have our shortlist.

I'm flying over tomorrow to view the 9 houses that fit the bill though one stands out miles for us and we'll be offering on Monday, most are (allegedly) under 20 minutes drive from where he works, next step is to find schools!

I'm excited and terrified in equal measure - it's all getting rather real.

One word of warning, the weather you will enjoy here over the weekend is NOT our usual weather ;) The grass is always greener here for a reason :rotfl:

WE all hope you have a great time today and are happy house hunting, as others have said, please feel free to ask any questions, the folks on here are very friendly and helpful.
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • Thank you all so much :) I had a lovely (if a little busy!) weekend with absurdly lovely weather. It's ok, I don't expect it to be like that often ;)

We've narrowed it down to two houses which we adore, I put an offer in on one this morning and am currently waiting in a mild state of terror to see if we get it accepted.

I was really impressed with how clean and well kept the town (Omagh) was, I wasn't expecting anything bad but I was genuinely blown away and I'm now even more excited to get over!
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Thank you all so much :) I had a lovely (if a little busy!) weekend with absurdly lovely weather. It's ok, I don't expect it to be like that often ;)

We've narrowed it down to two houses which we adore, I put an offer in on one this morning and am currently waiting in a mild state of terror to see if we get it accepted.

I was really impressed with how clean and well kept the town (Omagh) was, I wasn't expecting anything bad but I was genuinely blown away and I'm now even more excited to get over!

dont forget to invite us to the house warming party:T:T
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Old_Git wrote: »
    dont forget to invite us to the house warming party:T:T
    If I ever hear back from the estate agent I'll invite the whole of MSE ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills