We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
balance transfers
spinka3
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hi
I have swapped my credit cards around for years getting 0% deals for years. The problem I have now is when applying for a new credit card to transfer balances to they are all quite small ie £1000 credit limits which is no good for what I need. I have heard quite a few times of people saying they have transfered £10k plus to a new deal. How do they do this? I can't afford to keep applying and leaving the footprint or my credit score would go through the roof. Please help. Many thanks
I have swapped my credit cards around for years getting 0% deals for years. The problem I have now is when applying for a new credit card to transfer balances to they are all quite small ie £1000 credit limits which is no good for what I need. I have heard quite a few times of people saying they have transfered £10k plus to a new deal. How do they do this? I can't afford to keep applying and leaving the footprint or my credit score would go through the roof. Please help. Many thanks
? 1 vote
?
0%
0 votes
?
100%
1 vote
0
Comments
-
Hi
I have swapped my credit cards around for years getting 0% deals for years. The problem I have now is when applying for a new credit card to transfer balances to they are all quite small ie £1000 credit limits which is no good for what I need. I have heard quite a few times of people saying they have transfered £10k plus to a new deal. How do they do this? I can't afford to keep applying and leaving the footprint or my credit score would go through the roof. Please help. Many thanks
Because they get given bigger credit limits than you. And why the poll?Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
:coffee:0 -
why haven't you paid off the balances years ago?EU tariff on agricultual product 12.2%
some dairy products 42.1% cloths 11.4%
EU Clinical Trials Directive stops medical advances0 -
Assuming you have accrued a large amount of debt from years worth of shuffling card balances, let's say £15k, if you wanted more cards to transfer the £15k onto, you would need to be earning circa £60k.
Another factor could be if you are taking out cards with companies you have previously had credit with in the past, as part of their lending criteria they could see you have been a card tart and not made any money off you, hence offer you a lower limit.
Also some card companies are known for being more generous with their limits than others.I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards