anyone bought fitbit or similar??

Options
12346»

Comments

• andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been asking myself that for years.

Maybe they think the more technology they use the fitter they will get.

I can understand the use of Garmin watches for people who do ultra marathons and alike, to track their progress over the hours and make sure they dont get lost, but for running around the block whats the point?

You have hit the nail on the head completely:beer:

Back in the day, when I cycled competitively, we all had much the same kind of bike, and used to train hard - we didn't look for anything "extra", because it was all down to us. About ten years ago a fit youngster joined the club. He was quite good and very stylish on his £3000 bike, but he couldn't get within a minute of me over ten miles on my bike which was around a quarter of the price of his.
    Then I started playing golf, read all the magazines about all the new technology with clubs - putters and drivers, which promised to hole putts like pros and drive 300 yards without any effort - but was never taken in by it all, I still have the same set of clubs which I had eighteen years ago. I can still break 80 regularly and on a good day can get close to par (mostly because I know the course).

Technology is good, but when it comes down to health and fitness, self discipline, perseverance and hard work beat technology hands down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure