ARGH at HSBC - transferred money from my savings acct instead of current...

Options
I've just been trying to transfer some money from my HSBC CURRENT account, into my Lloyds current account. However when I transferred the money, it came out of my saver for some unknown reason! The savings account has £20,000 in it and my interest is only paid if I don't make a withdrawal... is there anyway I can cancel this transfer?!! I've tried clicking 'pending payments' but it says there aren't any pending payments.

I'm so annoyed, I've lost about £100 interest because of this. even if I cancel the payment will my interest not be paid this month?? :mad:

Comments

• RayWolfe
    RayWolfe Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's tough.
    When woodworking, I always repeat the mantra: measure twice; cut once". The same applies to online banking.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Minimise your loss by withdrawing the entire balance and putting it somewhere else ASAP.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    I agree with YB, why the heck is £20000 languishing in this account in the first place?
    Have you tried 'phoning someone at the bank about this? I find that 9 times out of 10 it usually helps to actually contact the organisation first. If, as you indicate, it is a problem with their system and not you entering incorrect details then I can't see why they shouldn't be sympathetic.
  • greyskittles
    Options
    ^what's wrong with the account?

anyway, i will contact the bank and see what they can do.

EDIT Oh my god that was lucky... they've still credited the interest for last month (i transferred the money at one minute past midnight!!) so it will only affect this month's interest... in which case i can transfer it to another account and will only lose a few of days interest.
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    That was lucky, just transfer the lot to the next best account you've got and transfer it back just before the end of the month.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    The account isn't a top payer any more, ICICI HiSave pays 6.3% with no loss of interest if you withdraw.

Da Moron
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • intalex
    intalex Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    HSBC rate goes up to 6.25% on Friday
  • mroller
    mroller Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    intalex wrote: »
    HSBC rate goes up to 6.25% on Friday

still rubbish account. (rubbish bank as well)
  • greyskittles
    Options
    are there any other account apart from ICICI that don't penalise you for making withdrawals but also have a decent interest rate?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    interest accrues daily behind the scenes. There was no luck in it. You got what you were entitled to.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure