IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Car leasing for high milage user?

in Motoring
13 replies 32K views
2»

Replies

• k3lvck3lvc Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nynaeve wrote: »
    K3lvc - would you mind sharing more details about this? Who was it organised through and how much did you pay?

See here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3335982&highlight=spider - organised through Alfa Romeo UK
  • 17k is middle ground.

10k is the usual amount for a lease from my experience, but seen companies who do 30k contracts.
  • kkgree1kkgree1 Forumite
    328 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    It's worth doing the maths on whether it's more economical to own or lease. I think you have had awful luck with your current car.

I do similar mileage to you and also bought my car in 2011 (a new Fiesta for circa 9.5k). I've had little trouble with it in 3.5 years of ownership apart from 2 new front tyres & wiper blades.

My husband does 25,000 miles per year and he looked at leasing & purchasing outright. There was not much in it cost wise and you use the same dealer for servicing but we prefer the benefit of owning the car.

Look around at lease companies as I've heard that although Ling is generally good, she does inflate her prices!

Good luck with what you decide.
    Mortgage free wannabe
    Mortgage (November 2010) £135,850
    Mortgage (November 2020) £4,784
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals