Extra Energy rant

I changed to Extra Energy in September, this was smooth apart from ScottishPower doing their best to delay refunding me for as long as possible.

Anyway I noticed in January that I had not been prompted by EE for an uptodate meter read, so on the 17th I entered one. I was suprised as Scottish Power immediately gave a new balance online, this wasn't the case with EE. So I checked every couple of days no bill was given, no letter received. I decided to email. I have previously been caught out by the dreaded under estimate years ago and want to avoid at all costs. This was their response.

"Thank you for contacting us through www.extraenergy.com

As you may already be aware we are experiencing some delay in issuing bills at the moment, this is due to the high number of new customer that have transferred to Extra Energy and we would like to ensure that we are not making any mistakes. For this reason we are quality checking every single bill that our customers received to ensure 100% accuracy.

I notice from your account that you provide us with regular readings, any of our customer service operators will be happy to calculate your usage from these reading at any time, this manual calculation will be able to show if you are currently paying us the correct amount."

All very Dickensian Its been 12 days since entering my meter reading, and I do think the very least they could do is give me my bill.!!!:mad:

Comments

• Sorry to hear of your problems with EE. I too have had problems with them. On 26th November 2014 I received a bill from them, this was for only £76 for both gas and electricity. When I looked more closely the bill was for the peroid 4 th July to 4th August 2014! ! !
    I rang to query this, and was told there was a slight delay in getting the bills out! Slight, this was almost 4 months! ! !
    In December they increased my Direct Debit payment by £70pm.
    18th December I rang them again and was told that someone from the billing team would get back to me within a week or so, prob first week in January because there were bank holidays due.
    16th January 2015 I again called them to discuss the increase and was assured that I would receive a call within the next 2/3 days.
    20th January I cancelled the D/d with my bank.
    22nd January they called me and left a message on my answerphone to inform me that my payment had been returned by my bank and I needed to call them immediatley to stop my account going into arrears (at this time my account was £988 in credit, according to thier website!)
    22nd January I called them back, again. to be told that the billing team had called me and they finish at 5pm. I explained, in detail and was told by a pleasant lady, that from what she could see my electricity usage had increase in July, which was why they had increased my d/d. I explained to her that we had solar panels through A Shade Greener and that any electricity we used during daylight was taken from that and not the grid. She then told me that their systems do not support the use of Solar Panels! I explained that this was not mentioned when I first spoke to them about switching, I would not have switched!
    She told me that she would raise a complaint and the complaint team would call me back within 48 hours.
    23rd February, several phone calls later and still no call back from them.
    Spoke to a gentleman who informed me that they had send 2 emails and left 2 messages on my phone.2/2/2015 and 9/2/2015. I explained that I have not received any emails and there has been no messages left on either my house phone or my mobile.
    I have again been told that 'The person dealing with your complaint is not in at the moment, they will call you back tomorrow! ! ! '
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I am at the end of my tether and don't know what to do.
  • km1423
    km1423 Posts: 145 Forumite
    I've been with EE since Mid Dec 2014. Currently I have a healthy credit on my account, but to date have never received a bill, despite regular meter readings.

I called them today to find out what's happening, upshot is they have reduced my dd from £81 to £68, not really want I want to hear. I would like a bill. I have no consumption data for the last 6 months, so this will be a drama should I switch.

I too am tempted to cancel DD just so they call me. My emails go unanswered and I am not getting anywhere with calls.

I'm sure that they want to encourage fuel poverty. Need to get this mess sorted out before Autumn. At the moment EE make SP look like choirboys

If you want loyalty - get a dog:rotfl::rotfl:

All my posts are my opinion, and the actions I would take.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure