Vodafone Mis Sold Insurance

Options
Hi -

I added a an additional phone to my vodafone account nearly two years ago and from that point i've been unable to access my bills online, I've called them about it several times and apparently it's a known issue, they've had me round the houses creating new accounts but it's never worked.

I travel a fair bit and can rack up some minor data roaming charges, this means my monthly charge is always slightly different, the account also has 3 mobiles on it in total.

Last month I called and asked for copies on my bill to be emailed to me so I could check the charges out and it turns out they've been charging me £9.99 / month for the last 2 years for insurance.

I have never purchased insurance, extended warranty or anything like that fro anywhere and I certainly did opt to have it added.

Today I found the contract and low and behold it states insurance at £9.99 / month and my signature's on the bottom.

Obviously you should be reading things properly before signing them so it's my bad but like many of us when you're in a phone shop sorting a mobile you do the deal with the shop assistant, they then print a piece of paper, hand you a pen pointed at the signature box, sign, job done.

I assume the staff make super commission on insurance and I've fallen foul of a dodgy one who is popping insurance on contracts without asking the customer.

I called vodafone a couple of weeks ago to register my complaint and surprise surprise I've never heard back despite being told they be in touch in a few days.

I've got my giffgaff sims ordered and am ready to cancel each contract as they reach the end of their terms in the next few weeks, however I want to see what can be done about the insurance, it was my fault for not reading the contract but they also not allowed me to access my bills in 2 years resulting in me not spotting this charge until now

Has anyone had any luck resolving a similar issue with them, and if so is there an address you wrote to?

Cheers

Comments

• Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    belfast768 wrote: »

I've got my giffgaff sims ordered and am ready to cancel each contract as they reach the end of their terms in the next few weeks, however I want to see what can be done about the insurance, it was my fault for not reading the contract but they also not allowed me to access my bills in 2 years resulting in me not spotting this charge until now
    To be honest I think you are going to find it hard contesting paying for insurance when you signed up for it to start with.

Using the lack of bills as a reason not to realise you were paying for it doesn't really change the fact you signed in the first place.

Anything you got would be a pure gesture of goodwill
    It's not just about the money
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,111 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You've no no chance. How did you not notice an extra £9.99 coming out ofd your bank account each month?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure