We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Everyone Loves Inacurate Transactions Everyday, (as long as they are in our favour)

Options

Comments

• ROCKINGHAM
    Options
    Just popped to [EMAIL="M@rks"]M@rks[/EMAIL] as DD gave me a wad of their £5 off vouchers. £10 Dine In finished now but did noticed that Organic thighs and wings are £6.99 each or 3 for a tenner.

So only need £4.03 of special offers to make up to the magical £25 for voucher to kick in if anyone has any left.

Still happy with 2 Gammon Joints, Trout Fillets, Cottage Pie (for 2), Minted Vegetables, 2 Slices of New York Cheesecake and 6 tins of soup for £14.60,

Off to have a cuppa and a biccie and plan my next shops.
  • never_too_old
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Once you have registered a temporary card, does a replacement "real" card come through the post, or does the temporary card become permanent one and then generate the vouchers at the till when scanned next time (IYSWIM)?

Many thanks

Anon
    A real card is posted to you and it will be the same number as the temp one,can take upto 4 weeks to arrive.
    I picked up a temp card this morning, used it,registered it then this afternoon bought 1 item and my £15 worth of vouchers were given for me to then pay for my next lot of biscuits.
    I hope that makes sense:)
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    But this is...:rotfl::mad::mad::rotfl:

Just bought the biscuits and... somehow I have managed to pay three pounds for them!:mad::mad::mad: Only Savvy could manage to do this:(.

I've no idea what happened. I was there, carefully buying only the ones that had been confirmed as working this morning. However, I have got 9800 Match points but only 7000 More despite, according to me, all of them being marked up with the More points offer in my store (though to be honest I picked what I thought had been confirmed as working). The Butter Crinkes is correct isn't it? Says "Fox's Crinkle Crunch Butter" on the packets - or is that something else?

So... I've paid £3 and it works out at 15p per packet:(. _pale_That's a horrible price! I really wanted Jam & Cream and Malted Milk more than any of the others, but couldn't see those as confirmed this morning so I had to have others instead. I may as well have bought a pack of Eday Value Nice Biscuits (400g) at 45p and not paid much more than what the Fox's have now cost me (works out at about 19.7p on Eday Value price). And I could have bought just one packet and not had to buy a lot more. Or some Eday Ginger Nuts 300g 25p = 16.7p for the 200g weight of the Fox's or, as I actually got, 14p for the 168g Ginger Crunch Creams. So, I've either 'saved' 1.7p:( by the Fox's but then bought 20 packs, or based on 168g packs instead of Eday Ginger Nuts, actually cost me 1p more. And I could have bought just one pack of Eday Nice and one pack of Eday Ginger Nuts from T and spent even less i.e. saved even more money.

I never even saw the biscuits at M as being a glitch in the first place. All you are getting is the More points for each, which is exactly what they are offering, although I don't think that I have even got that, together with a correct price comparison against the real price in A.

I would have liked a correct transaction, of the correct More points for each item and the correct price match (but seem only to have got the latter). Instead, :(I've ended with another inaccurate transaction again. One that is not in my favour - and I'm not happy. It seems that, indeed, there's been a glitch in some of the items I bought not giving the More points - and I'm not happy about such a glitch! But, thanks for getting me into this Match and More thing at last:D:D. (Although leaving me trapped into a scheme that forces you to spend more in order to get vouchers to redeem, and then yet more again. I don't need or buy any of the extra More points items anyway - they're just items I either never use or are surplus to my requirements and I have enough anyway - but now being caught into having to spend far more than I need to for a stupid price match. I'd have been better sticking with the wombles and paying no real cash, than having to spend £15 a time to get a simple match and, even then, I suspect I'm going to lose more and more. I don't spend £5 in M - if I need anything that's better there, I just get the one item, pay a couple of quid, and that's it. Now having to spend more and now unnecessary, expensive buying.)

In any event, I've ended up paying them £19.80 cash. At best, it's exactly like paying them about £20 for a £20 gift voucher, which you then have to spend with them - so they always get the money. Instead, I've paid nearly £20 for about a £16 voucher, of which £1 will never materialise without additional, extra spending, and which I've got the benefit of absolutely nothing at the moment. We don't need biscuits, we don't need cereal bars, shower gel, shampoo, handwash, JF oils or anything. We have enough food in our house to live on and don't need to buy anything else! We can live without biscuits and indeed it's getting us to spend more money on things that (whilst they can be 'enjoyed' as part of an overall healthy diet) make us more unhealthy. You know that really I am Savvy anti-buyer rather than Savvy buyer. The solution to saving money is to buy nothing at all!

I hadn't joined M&M. I still had a Miles card, that I'd registered and never really bought much fuel from M anyway, as they were rarely the cheapest petrol and I never got anywhere near being able to redeem anything. Guess what amount I have got from that Miles card now to go onto the M&M? Indeed... 30p:p.

So, £3 spent on 20 packets of biscuits:(. In fact, £19.80 spent and kept by them for then more buying from me from M than would have been the case had I stayed outside of the scheme altogether and just bought the cheaper items in A with wombles. So, they've now got me buying from M in future in order to redeem any vouchers or 'get back' any of the value of that £19.80 (the most I've ever spent in M for what must be over 4 years) - it's a very good marketing scheme and very good in managing to trap us in on buying those biscuits. And I've lost the interest on £19.80 for several weeks from my high interest current account.

All I can hope for is that Mr A gives me the compensation via a womble. And...here we are...as I stopped to buy Mr A's cheaper petrol (even if I could have 'saved' 0.8p:( a litre with Match & More but would never have amounted to a round fiver off and I wasn't any more of it today) - though I'm now filling up with very little as I feel prices may go down soon - I have another 67p to find to make back the £3:rotfl::

(But then have to find 50p or so more than that, since it will another journey and more petrol being used in order to get back to A - indeed, my journey to M today for the biscuits cost me petrol.)

Why £2.32?

Not happy however -

3 x Gallo Family Vineyards Summer Red (750ml)£21.00£20.97
    1 x Princes Tuna Chunks in Brine (4x160g)£3.00£3.00
    1 x Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water (4x160g)£3.00£3.00

as my idiotic shopper bought a day late - had they bought the Tuna Chunks the day before, they would have each compared vs £2.49. And if they had bought a different Gallo (maybe Summer White or Rose) the day before, they should have compared vs £3.99 each not the £6.99 the Red return today:mad::mad::rotfl:.

I suppose at least they picked a non-comparable Dr Oetker:

1 x Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza Margherita (330g)£1.48N/A

:(:(Not happy, gives no contribution to the APG!:p

Together with :(some expensive Dolmio:

1 x Dolmio Express Pasta Sauce - Creamy Carbonara (300...£2.40£2.15

Unhappy - just so unhappy:mad::rotfl: - as ought to be bought when on half price in M. Ought to be much more expensive in A and much cheaper in M.

2 x Weight Watchers Mature Cheese Slices (8 per pack -...£3.34£3.00

And OEP at £3 was good, but not at the best time...

1 x Old El Paso Fajitas Original Smoky BBQ Kit (500g)£3.00£3.19

I'll tell you my story.

A few days ago I sorted some papers out for my recyling bin.They collect today.I remembered that I had thrown out the tempory morries card ,so last night at silly oclock I went and fished it out.My morries is in the town and rather than drive I thought I would get the bus.
    I got to the bus stop just as the bus was drawing away so I thought it was not meant to be:rotfl:.So I came home and saved nearly £16 quid.

If I want biscuits ,which I don't I will use a couple of small wombles.

It shows how easily we can get carried away with a glitch.
    Btw I found a wet £20 note with a chunk missing(I found the chunk) 10 yards from my house yesterday.My eyes must be on alert for wombles even when I'm nowhere near a car park.:rotfl:
  • Jelly_Biactol
    Options
    I've decided to make biscuits instead this week :)
    Ooh, what kind? Any jammy-dippy ones?:)
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Jelly_Biactol
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Sorry to interrupt your afternoon biscuit fun, but I just wanted to report that..
    It blinkin' well worked!!:j:j
    I managed to find the Honeycomb Crunch Squares at 92p instore and they were £1.84, '3 for £3' on msm. They scanned at 92p, but in the 3 for £3 offer and compared at 92p on the apg, forcing the other items in the offer to compare at full price.
    Think we might be able to have a bit of fun with this guys..:D

1 x Haribo Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes £0.10 £0.10
    1 x Haribo Maoam Giant Sour Stripes (15g) £0.10 N/A
    1 x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow ... £1.84 £1.00
    1 x Swizzels Matlow Strawberry Refresher Bar £0.10 N/A
    1 x Candyland Flumps Mallow Twists (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1 x Haribo Starmix £0.10 £0.10
    1 x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Totally Chocolatey... £1.84 £1.00
    1 x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Honeycomb Crunch (... £0.92 £1.00

1 x ASDA Chosen by You Giant White Mice Bar (15g) £0.10 N/A
    Good work, fella - a well-deserved round of applause
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Totally random question and not at all related to biscuits...

I'm wanting to do a feature wall of photographs in frames of different sizes, styles etc but I'm thinking of having 3 or 4 coordinating colours to match my dining room scheme. I'm thinking if I start searching charity shops, car boots etc I could get a decent collection of frames together, that I could then paint, customize.

I was just wondering if anyone had successfully done this?
    I painted a mirror frame silver once and in all honesty it looked shocking, you could see the brush marks and everything... Don't want that effect again:)
    Any tips greatfully received:)

If you apply the paint with a little roller instead of a brush you'll get a much better finish :)
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Sorry to interrupt your afternoon biscuit fun, but I just wanted to report that..

It blinkin' well worked!!:j:j

I managed to find the Honeycomb Crunch Squares at 92p instore and they were £1.84, '3 for £3' on msm. They scanned at 92p, but in the 3 for £3 offer and compared at 92p on the apg, forcing the other items in the offer to compare at full price.

Think we might be able to have a bit of fun with this guys..:D:D

1 x Haribo Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes £0.10 £0.10
    1 x Haribo Maoam Giant Sour Stripes (15g) £0.10 N/A
    1 x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow ... £1.84 £1.00
    1 x Swizzels Matlow Strawberry Refresher Bar £0.10 N/A
    1 x Candyland Flumps Mallow Twists (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1 x Haribo Starmix £0.10 £0.10
    1 x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Totally Chocolatey... £1.84 £1.00
    1 x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Honeycomb Crunch (... £0.92 £1.00

1 x ASDA Chosen by You Giant White Mice Bar (15g) £0.10 N/A

mlhvf4.jpg

SFSB you are now officially my hero :love:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    savvy_sal wrote: »
    I'll tell you my story.

A few days ago I sorted some papers out for my recyling bin.They collect today.I remembered that I had thrown out the tempory morries card ,so last night at silly oclock I went and fished it out.My morries is in the town and rather than drive I thought I would get the bus.
    I got to the bus stop just as the bus was drawing away so I thought it was not meant to be:rotfl:.So I came home and saved nearly £16 quid.

If I want biscuits ,which I don't I will use a couple of small wombles.

It shows how easily we can get carried away with a glitch[1].
    Btw I found a wet £20 note with a chunk missing(I found the chunk) 10 yards from my house yesterday.[2] My eyes must be on alert for wombles even when I'm nowhere near a car park.:rotfl:

Just to amend my previous post - 67p should be 68p.

[1] This one is not a glitch - they have an offer of extra points. It's a correct extra points and correct price match. No more a glitch perhaps than T's DTD price check, when it 'refunded' whole bills (and more) vs A wasn't called a glitch.

I have £2.32 from Mr A (that was the only womble I picked up btw - can sometimes pay to do a quick check). And, hopefully, another £1.90 or so from Mr M, when they can add the points and the system isn't down:mad:. So, I have 'got' my £3. (Doesn't seem like it though:mad::mad::rotfl: - seems like I've lost £19.80!)

[2] I keep looking down for A wombles when I'm in Morries car park on the way to the price collections:rotfl:. As if I will ever find any there. (And can't resist looking for A receipts:o when I'm occasionally at Aldi - they never are though, they're always Aldi receipts (strangely enough) - just seems that, because I'm at A much more often, that I'm now 'wired' to look for them.) However, wrapped around a recent A womble, found in Mr A car park, no idea whether that gave anything back or not, I found a Morries receipt, and their shopping would have been £1.90 cheaper elsewhere, so I'll use that. Not very good, as I'm still £1.80 away from another fiver:rotfl:. So, an M womble, from Mr A.

Unless the £4 fabric softener was cheaper elsewhere, and maybe the BE Waffles were £1.50 vs £1.00 somewhere, it looks like it may have been some salad tray at £2.79 that may have given much of that, as much of the other stuff is probably non-comparable or same price as elsewhere. Possibly some salad (described as "Salad Bar Tray", not that that is helpful) compared at £2.79 vs £1.00 or £1.50 elsewhere.
  • carolinabirichina
    Options
    Hi :wave: I'm heading back there soon :)

I've decided to stay in and have a cup of tea and test some of the bisquits! And watch Deal or No Deal!

Might pop out after 5pm - was there much left in M*rg*te?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport