Everyone Loves Inacurate Transactions Everyday, (as long as they are in our favour)

Options

Comments

• rockyrose
    rockyrose Posts: 1,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Re M and M Morrsions and reduced items with more pts. Whilst doing the bisc. shop I picked up a reduced bakery item, sunflower seed bread-had 200 more pts and the points were added (the 200 more pts) and although I didnt know if it would compare or not I took a chance it would be n/a and so I'd get the 200 on top of the bisc points so in total 20,000 pts on a £20.29 spend-bread was 49p
    :A NI FEIDIR ACH LE DIA BREITHIUNAS A DHEANAMH ORM
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    Totally random question and not at all related to biscuits...

I'm wanting to do a feature wall of photographs in frames of different sizes, styles etc but I'm thinking of having 3 or 4 coordinating colours to match my dining room scheme. I'm thinking if I start searching charity shops, car boots etc I could get a decent collection of frames together, that I could then paint, customize.

I was just wondering if anyone had successfully done this?
    I painted a mirror frame silver once and in all honesty it looked shocking, you could see the brush marks and everything... Don't want that effect again:)
    Any tips greatfully received:)

we have sprayed some frames and a large mirror frame for dd1 new house and they look good did try painting but like you said could see brush marks so ordered spray from ebay.
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    how rude of me afternoon all, hope everyone is well xx

been wallpapering at dd1 new house she wants to be in in just over a week but the heating is not finished, so fingers crossed

thanks hollie and everyone else who contributed for the biccies am trying to convince oh we need shopping,
  • Jelly_Biactol
    Options
    I'm wanting to do a feature wall of photographs in frames of different sizes, styles etc but I'm thinking of having 3 or 4 coordinating colours to match my dining room scheme. I'm thinking if I start searching charity shops, car boots etc I could get a decent collection of frames together, that I could then paint, customize. I was just wondering if anyone had successfully done this?
    I painted a mirror frame silver once and in all honesty it looked shocking, you could see the brush marks and everything... Don't want that effect again:)
    - wooden frames easiest to repaint; avoid metal or plastic
    - better results if you can strip the existing paint off any wooden frames to take back to natural wood, but takes longer; though if you have all wooden frames you could take them to one of those dip 'n' strip door places, eg Dip & Strip in Leeds http://www.dipandstrip.net/, and get a cheap bulk deal
    - spraypainting (eg, aerosols) gives better results than by brush on existing paint finishes
    - if you can take back to natural wood, consider staining rather than painting as it gives a lot more subtle colours and finish
    - dark-coloured frames will probably need a couple of coats of a lighter final colour, or an undercoat
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    My Ms till receipt doesn't differentiate between the different flavours, i.e. the ginger crinkles and the butter crinkles both are showing as crinkles, the same with the creams I bought 2 different flavours and collectively they show just as creams. so im wondering if this is capped at 20 per flavour we need to be aware !!!! but I went through ss don't know if that makes a difference.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    I am now officially poor....
    Our weekend offer on the BTL flat was accepted yesterday and because of the volatile situation in Greece we have just decided to sell the shares in preparation for the purchase before they no doubt drop.

Its the first time in years that we have not had long term savings ...we have slowly been converting shares to other options since the stock market crash a few years back....and this afternoon ive just hit the button on online stock trading to sell the last chunk for the flat deposit..

I think its time for a cup of tea and a biscuit!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • simone10
    simone10 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm still trying to get my head around whether I can rinse and repeat and whether using my husbands M&M card whose surname is same as mine living at same address would trigger a merge of points and not allow a second shop because I would reach any of the limits. I'm still totally unclear as to whether we are talking per transaction or per account, or per household
    So I'm dissecting their T&C's from the website........

Earning Points

1. General Rules
    2. You can earn “Match points” under our Price Match Guarantee, where we match our total price for your comparable shopping with products at Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. See Price Match Guarantee below for more details. OK GOT THAT
    3. You can earn “More” points offered by us on selected products. These are available at stores, M Local, petrol stations and online (offers may very). If you use a Pay at the Pump terminal, you will need to use your personalised Match & More Card, not a temporary card or key fob. See More points offers below for more details. OK GOT THAT
    4. It may take up to 72 hours for points you have earned to be added to your Match & More Card. OK.TODAY IT TOOK JUST 2 HOURS FROM SHOP TO APPEARING ON MY ACCOUNT
    5. The total amount of points you can earn is capped to 100,000 points in a calendar month. Points earned that exceed this cap may show up on a receipt at the time of purchase but will not be allocated to your account. THIS IS A LITTLE BIT TROUBLING. CAUSE YOU WON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA GET THEM AT TIME OF DOING YOUR SHOP CAUSE THEY WILL PROBABLY STILL SHOW ON YOUR RECEIPT Additional caps apply to More points, see below.
    6. Points cannot be exchanged for cash. FAIR ENOUGH
    7. If you do not have your Match & More Card with you during an eligible transaction, you have 30 days to claim your points via any in-store Customer Service desk. You will need to keep your receipt to do so. You may not add points from more than 2 receipts in any 14 day period. REALLY DON'T WANT TO FORGET TO USE CARD AS DOESN'T GIVE MUCH FLEXIBILITY FOR ADDING WOMBLES
    8. You have 28 days following an eligible transaction in which to query the number of points that you have earned. Please contact us by phone to do so. AGAIN MIGHT NOT WANT TO RAISE PROFILE
    9. More points offers
    10. More points offers are made at our discretion and subject to product availability. GET OUT OF JAIL CARD FOR THEM!
    11. In addition to the overall cap on points you may earn in any month, we may cap the number of More points you can earn in any offer. MORE GET OUT OF JAIL FREE
    12. We may exclude you from Match & More, cancel your card and close your account at our reasonable discretion. For example, we may do so if we believe that you have breached these terms and conditions, have defrauded or attempted to defraud us or any of our other customers, or otherwise attempted to abuse Match & More. GREY AREA
    13. If you buy more than 10 items of one identical product, only 10 of them are eligible for Match points under our Price Match Guarantee. HENCE MAX OF 10 OF A BARCODE FOR MATCH POINTS. GOT IT!
    The end is nigh
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Totally random question and not at all related to biscuits...

I'm wanting to do a feature wall of photographs in frames of different sizes, styles etc but I'm thinking of having 3 or 4 coordinating colours to match my dining room scheme. I'm thinking if I start searching charity shops, car boots etc I could get a decent collection of frames together, that I could then paint, customize.

I was just wondering if anyone had successfully done this?
    Any tips greatfully received:)

I think nannylala does this sort of thing, great idea btw. I remember her saying she was going to 'distress' a mirror recently by painting it.
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Afternoon :)

Can anyone find big T's Username Tweets profile or a post by her please ?

I have a PM sent to me for her and tried forwarding it but her pm box is full :(

I want to check when she was last online but can find loads users but Tweets :(. Thank you.

If you reading this big T Tweets please pm me so I know you have emptied your pm's :D

didnt the other tweets have problems with someone upseting them on another thread.think they used to post on the daily mail codes thread maybe someone on there may be able to pass a message on.:)
  • tazmac25
    tazmac25 Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Options
    Yay APG vouchers have started to appear I have a whole massive 1p to spend so far :-)
    No. 16 in HCCSC
    :jFull Time Uni Student & Glitcher :j
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills