EE Undercharging me

Options
I've had an EE/T-Mob contract for the past 4-5 years and about 6 months ago changed it to SIM only to save some money.

Because of the loyalty bonus I was able to get a pretty good deal and I also have a friends and family discount on the account from a friend who works there.

The problem is that they appear to have applied the discounts in the wrong order and I have ended up paying less than £4 for a £36 SIM only deal.

I'm not sure if I should give them a call to let them know or leave things as they are. I don't want to be dishonest but I'm also not really using many minutes/data/texts on it either. Also if they realise can I be hit with a bill to cover the whole amount?

Comments

• StuC75
    StuC75 Posts: 2,065 Forumite
    Options
    That must be one heck of a sim only deal to have a head line figure of £36?? what are you getting tariff wise in terms of minutes \ texts \ data?

what are the discount rates you've been receiving and what were you expecting it to be?

Just keep a copy of the bills you have been receiving...

chances are the tariffs not that expensive (especially taking a new handset out the equation in terms of monthly cost), and the loyalty discount and F&F then bring it down further..

I used to have a similar situation with o2 (bought my iphones direct from apple) so had a renewal one time where they essentially credited account for not taking\in lieu of a mobile and then with F&F discount meant I paid very little for the contract (only left as data and signal was useless when I moved)....
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you're a mug. £36 for a sim only contract??? Wow!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Where did you find the £36 contract .... the highest one I can see it a 30 day sim only for £30.99 on EE.
    Unlimited calls and texts + 10gig data.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • franchise
    Options
    Cheers Stu, will see what happens. On the billing page it is called - 4GEE SIMO £36 - 12 months - Prices have changed since last summer.

Judging by the bill I get a loyalty bonus of £15 off p/m and then the £40 F&F. It should be around £10.80 but as the £15 comes off first it's working out at around £4.

Thanks for the irrelevant comment mobilejunkie, I clearly stated I was paying less than £4 so I'm not sure how that makes me a mug.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    franchise wrote: »
    Cheers Stu, will see what happens. On the billing page it is called - 4GEE SIMO £36 - 12 months - Prices have changed since last summer.

Judging by the bill I get a loyalty bonus of £15 off p/m and then the £40 F&F. It should be around £10.80 but as the £15 comes off first it's working out at around £4.

Thanks for the irrelevant comment mobilejunkie, I clearly stated I was paying less than £4 so I'm not sure how that makes me a mug.

You could end up with a problem, you aren't actually allowed to have any other discount if you have F&F added.

Page 2 of the terms:
    You can’t have any discounts or offers on top of Friends & Relations. So, if you are an existing customer and you want to switch your existing Family & Friends connection over to a new plan plan, your existing Family & Friends discount will be removed and the new one added. If we cannot remove a discount or other promotional offer, you will not be eligible to apply to join the scheme until your current minimum term has ended.
    Anyone who is part of the scheme will not be eligible to receive further discounts or promotional offers we offer to customers.

http://e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/EE%20Family_and_Friends_11.11.12_sa.pdf
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport