Sizzix Big Shot Plus (new wider machine)

Options
Battybird
Battybird Posts: 315 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 18 January 2015 at 5:44AM in Crafting
Looking on the .com website, it looks like Sizzix are bringing out a wider machine named the Big Shot Plus.

It states to check craft shops in May, but that's America, so don't know when they'll be available in the Uk.

(that'll give you all a few months to save up :) )

Comments

• LillyH
    Options
    I've been looking for this machine as I love my Big Shot. I just got an email from onceuponastamp.co.uk stating that they will have the Big Shot Plus ready to ship in late March. They are offering 2 packages on pre-order with NON-REFUNDABLE deposits. The basic machine costs £125. I wonder if others will be selling it?
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It looks like they are going to make all the Big Shot machines in the new colour of white and grey. (prefer my pink and black one.)

Am I dreaming or did they stop making the electric Express machine? If so, looks like it's coming back. (on the American site it states August.)
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2015 at 4:28AM
    Options
    I've just been looking on Youtube. I typed in big shot plus and watched the video by scrapmadesimple.

Start watching the video from approx 4mins 20 seconds to see the machine.

I then carried on watching and saw the Sizzix transfer pad.
    You use a platform with Sizzix foils and thin dies. It doesnt cut the die shape out, but foils the image on to the paper. It looks fantastic.

Edited to say, I just watched a different video which states they've improved the machine rollers, so no more bowing of the cutting plates. :)
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It looks amazing, tried it at Stitches at the weekend. Looks like it will be £160 for the machine and the cutting pads, and there will be a starter pack with great dies in it too.
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • la112651
    Options
    Looks like these are now available at Cardcraft-uk.co.uk
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2015 at 12:32AM
    Options
    I'd read on the internet that Hobbycraft are selling the bigshot plus instore from tomorrow. There's 2 choices, costing £160 with some dies, an embossing folder and some cardstock, or £120 for just the machine without the dies etc.

I phoned our 2 nearest stores to save a wasted journey if they weren't getting them tomorrow. They're already selling the £160 machine but not the cheaper one that I wanted, so I've ordered it from them online. (suppose they could get the cheaper one instore tomorrow? I don't know.)
  • CraftyMum
    Options
    The cheapest one I've found is £116 with free delivery at craftsuperstore.co.uk
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    Options
    CraftyMum, just spotted them on Craftsuperstore myself. Grrr, could have saved £4.
  • spudette64
    spudette64 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone been lucky enough to try one of these machines yet? If so would you recommend? Also does anyone know if you need to buy additonal plates for embossing?
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You can buy an embossing kit consisting of a clear plate and a tan mat. I've seen it online costing £24. I also saw an offer online where if you bought the machine from them, you could buy the kit for £12. Sorry, don't know which company had this offer on, can't flippin' find it again now! Don't think I'll buy the kit, sure I can substitute.

(If anyone has trouble cutting thin dies, Sizzix are bringing out a new plate, called a Precision Base Plate, made of annealed steel. It measures 10" x 6 1/4" x 1/8" It replaces your bottom clear plate and you cut into it. According to a video I watched, the metal plate is stronger than the metal die, and doesn't cut into the plate like what happens to the clear plates. It stated on the video not to use with the thick dies. I think it stated that sizzix had tested a thin die through 10,000 cuts! The Youtube video I watched was made by scrapmadesimple.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure