What happens now?

Options
Hi everyone

I live in Scotland and have just completed a DAS (Debt Arrangement Scheme). It is regulated by the AIB and the terms are that after it is completed any remaining balances due to interest and charges etc must be written off as these were frozen at the point the DAS was agreed.

My DAS was for 59K! It was completed in early December 2014 and completion letters have been sent to all creditors. However, I keep receiving letters from creditors with outstanding balances requesting payments.

My question is this - should my creditors be marking my credit file as satisfied and balances zero? I have checked my most recent Noddle report which was updated on 1/1/15 and balances are still showing

My husband and I have come such a long way paying every penny of our debts back (except the additional interest and charges which creditors have continued to apply) and it feels really disheartening to see this.

What should my next move be? Should I write and request they update my credit file or should I write to the Ombudsman?

I appreciate any help as our main aim is to repair our credit file and ultimately achieve a mortgage and start a family.

Many thanks

Comments

• Worried_Girl
    Options
    Also, in terms of rebuilding my/our credit file should we apply for a credit card for people with poor credit rating like Vanquis for example or is this a bad move?

Any ideas/help/hints on how to improve our credit rating would be great.

Thanks
  • Worried_Girl
    Options
    I have written to all of our creditors. Some have replied advising that they will update credit reference agencies to advise that account is now settled and closed however this is not yet reflected and I realise this will take a couple of months.

Some creditors have written to say they are still investigating complaint and will get back to us.

However, (Big Shock!) One of our main creditors - Bank of Scotland have written to us advising that they will not pursue any remaining balance, they will remove default as it was applied whilst our DAS was being set up. Prior to this we always met minimum payments and following DAS all payments were met! Also they will give us £150 as a gesture of goodwill!

Is it worth writing to other creditors that applied defaults whilst/after DAS was set up asking they remove defaults due to the same circumstances?

MBNA present a problem. They have advised that they will mark default as partially satisfied in line with their policy.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport