Sue Marsh sells her soul for £75,000 a year.

Sue Marsh, the author of 'Diary of a Benefit Scrounger' is taking up the role of Head of Customer Experience with none other than Maximus, who for the tiny minority that don't know, are taking over administering WCA's from ATOS in March.

Salary details aren't on Sue Marsh's web site, but according to Johhny Void https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/author/johnnyvoid/ it's £75k.

Is this the same Sue Marsh that has been fighting the current system of WCA's for years? Does she imagine that she's now well placed to make a difference from the inside?
Maximus have bought her off, plain and simple. Dangled £75 grands worth of carrots in front of her nose knowing full well it's an offer too good to turn down.

I've had just 3 weeks to think about all of this and come to terms with it. I've already done my worrying and wondering and weighing up. I've already had to decide to change absolutely every last thing about my life and take this step. My husband will give up work - he's already resigned to support me and care for us all, amazing man. I will be working full time, I will lose almost every bit of support I currently get from the social system, I will face criticism, I might hurt people who are disappointed. These are all huge considerations.

She adds

Someone is going to do it. I can do it

Which should read

"someone's got to do it, it might just as well be me".

She's betrayed every benefits rights worker and campaigner across the board, a Judas taking her thirty pieces of silver in return for a gag on the back bench.

Comments

• DaveTheMus
    DaveTheMus Posts: 2,669 Forumite
    I think it's great that someone with such a disabling long-term condition can get back into the workplace at that level...

...the system works :beer:
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • DaveTheMus wrote: »
    I think it's great that someone with such a disabling long-term condition can get back into the workplace at that level...

...the system works :beer:
    The system gags, do you suppose she'd have stood a cat's chance of that job if she hadn't been a potential thorn in the side of Maximus?

They'll string her along for a year or so if her miraculous recovery holds out for that long, then dump her quietly.
  • DaveTheMus
    DaveTheMus Posts: 2,669 Forumite
    The system gags, do you suppose she'd have stood a cat's chance of that job if she hadn't been a potential thorn in the side of Maximus?

They'll string her along for a year or so if her miraculous recovery holds out for that long, then dump her quietly.

You're such a pessimist.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • DaveTheMus wrote: »
    You're such a pessimist.
    Yep, the glass is always half empty.
  • racon
    racon Posts: 220 Forumite
    Sue Marsh, the author of 'Diary of a Benefit Scrounger' is taking up the role of Head of Customer Experience with none other than Maximus, who for the tiny minority that don't know, are taking over administering WCA's from ATOS in March.

Salary details aren't on Sue Marsh's web site, but according to Johhny Void https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/author/johnnyvoid/ it's £75k.

Is this the same Sue Marsh that has been fighting the current system of WCA's for years? Does she imagine that she's now well placed to make a difference from the inside?
    Maximus have bought her off, plain and simple. Dangled £75 grands worth of carrots in front of her nose knowing full well it's an offer too good to turn down.

She adds

Which should read

"someone's got to do it, it might just as well be me".

She's betrayed every benefits rights worker and campaigner across the board, a Judas taking her thirty pieces of silver in return for a gag on the back bench.
    Hey, I think anybody, if offered £75,000 a year, will do whatever it takes to get the job. Why should she turn it down - she would be mad to do so.
  • MissTeak
    MissTeak Posts: 22 Forumite
    Well done Sue and family,this is excellent news for them.

I guarantee if offered the same package that Sue has most people would jump at it.

As for johnnyvoids assertion that any information given to sue will now be in the hands of maximus,dwp etc....what utter nonsense

Good Luck sue, dont worry about what anyone thinks.
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good luck to her. Maybe her insight might improve things.

I think its a little paranoid to suggest that she will pass on information that she has gleaned.
  • dippy3103 wrote: »
    Good luck to her. Maybe her insight might improve things.
    Yeah, like new carpets at assessment centres. Is anybody so naive as to think this is anything more than a cleverly orchestrated ploy hatched up between Maximus and the DWP?

IDS and McVey will be trotting out her 'shining example' at every opportunity, they will of course omit that high salary positions are like hens teeth for the long term sick. Or for most people with her skills and experience come to that.

I hope she informed the DWP of her miraculous recovery before she accepted the role, we would not want any accusations of possible benefit fraud to land her way now would we?
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!

I hope she informed the DWP of her miraculous recovery before she accepted the role, we would not want any accusations of possible benefit fraud to land her way now would we?

You *do* know DLA isn't affected by employment - don't you !

Yes I'm sure she agonized long and hard -and realized some people would accuse her of selling out before she'd even started the job.
    Ultimately if she's smart enough she can make a difference -and if she isn't then both she and her family - and the tax payer benefit from her earning a very decent salary for an extended period.

She certainly shouldn't have turned it down to appease the glass half empty brigade and their defeatist attitude. I don't know if she can make a difference - but I applaud her for trying and not just hiding behind a keyboard and whining.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • duchy wrote: »
    You *do* know DLA isn't affected by employment - don't you !
    Of course. You *do* know that the Support Group element of ESA is effected by employment - don't you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure