Chinese/Japanese channels on IPTV

I am interested in getting an IPTV box and want to know if anyone has experience of using IPTV box specifically to watch Chinese/Japanese streams.

There are plenty of IPTV boxes available in UK on ebay etc but they seem aimed at UK users and South Indians, ie. they advertise that they have the football and Indian/Arabic channels but don't mention if they have Japanese channels.

In China I can find IPTV boxes specifically for watching Japanese TV, but I don't want to import from there because I am worried of the customs charges and that it simply doesn't work.

Are there any Chinese people on here who are using IPTV and can recommend a box that has reliable Japanese channels?

Comments

• mameha
    mameha Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've been searching a lot on the internet for some time but unable to find Japanese channels. I did find about 7 links to specific channel streams but it is not enough.

I'm hoping for a m3u file that has all the channels and is maintained. I don't think I am going to find a Japanese one, but hopefully I can find a Chinese-centric one which also carries Japanese channels. I know the streams exist because there are plenty of 'japanese IPTV players' on alibaba and have seem demos of them on youtube.
  • mameha
    mameha Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What I have found, if anyone is interested for future reference:

IPTV box with 'grey' streams from China:
    1) Maige TV (aimed at chinese, mainly SD channels, UK/USA/China channels in addition to JP, JP interface but EPG mainly chinese)
    2) iHome (aimed at japanese, HD channels, more expensive)

Legal private streaming IPTV box
    3) Slingbox Japan (available on amazon.co.jp etc)
    4) Net-TV (similar to slingbox but made in japan, lower quality, needs to buy both transmitter box and reciever box at 14000en each)
    http://www.dokodemoterebi.com/

Grey streams without IPTV box:
    5) Niji TV app for windows (rumours of malware, unreliable streams)

Legal streams via VPN
    6) Rent VPN in Japan, subscribe to one of the various domestic internet tv services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure