PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2015 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right. I have just added up what I have spent so far.... took my eye off the budget....:o now have a new spreadsheet and so please put me down for

£250

Starting from next Monday.

Worked out that the amount I have overspent is the same as I spent in Co-op on work snacks and weekend can't be bothered shops (silly really as 5 mins walk down the road from the coop near home is Lidl... sooo lazy :mad:!)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £200 for me again this month. Managing January fine - I just make a list and keep to it. Also OH hasn't been able to drive this last month so if I want to shop I have to carry it home which helps a lot to not spend. I shop with a basket in the supermarket instead of a trolley now.
  • Tidy_Up_Tash
    Options
    Hi! Popping in now to set my budget. Just about managing on £200 for Jan, and Feb is a shorter month... so I'm going with £200 again in Feb. Pretty confident that we can manage :)
    :T Weight Loss (Start Weight 14st 12lb): 5/24 lbs :T
    CC Debt: 01 Jan 2015: £11,462 :(Now: £10,850 EOY Target: £7,500 :)
    :xmassmile Saving for Xmas 2015: £75.11/£300 :xmassmile
    2015 GC: Jan £199.91/£200 | Feb £188.21/£200 | Mar/Apr :exclamati | May £118.44/£200
    NSDs: Jan ? | Feb 9 | Mar/Apr :exclamati | May 1 - - - 2nd Purse: £30
  • superrhinos
    Options
    As mentioned in my previous post I brought milk yesterday. I then brought unplanned eggs today to bake my parents a cake as a thank you for the child care they help me with. Signature updated.
    GC: Feb (16th Jan - 15th Feb) £46.25 / £50 :)
    Mar (16th Feb - 15th Mar) £61.96 / £70
  • frugalk15
    Options
    Would like to join, our fridge/freezer has just gone not what I need after last time as well as my cooker :( they say it comes in 3's!!

ill put £200 again see how it goes, good luck everyone ;)
    grocery budget Jan....£26.38/200
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was really pleased with my frugality yesterday. I forgot to buy hummus and kept meaning to go and buy some. But then I realised that I have all of the ingredients for it, so made some :)
    It took no more than 5 mins and tastes lovely :)

Was hoping for a NSD today, but I need to get some black bin bags.
  • Ladyluck1
    Options
    Can I be put down for £125 please :)
    I've already ordered the months meat (plus there's aole veg in there) from Muscle foods for £44 which is;
    5kg Chicken Breasts
    2 x 5-6oz Peppered British Rump Steaks
    • 2 x 400g Lean Diced British Beef
    • 2 x 400g Extra Lean British Beef Mince
    • 2 x 6oz Great British Hache Steaks
    • 4 x 4oz Great British Steak Burgers
    • 1 x 1kg Fresh Jacket Potatoes
    • 1 x 1kg Fresh Carrots
    • 1 x 1kg Fresh Onions
    That will be delivered on the 9th Feb I think.
    I'm C, Mummy to DS 29/11/2010 and DD 02/11/2013

Overdraft PAID OFF
    CC PAID OFF
    GC Sept £141.17/200
  • keza
    keza Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to have another go this month. the budget is £300 please. we went sailing over, because of xmas so I will try much harder this month!
    Current Mortgage balance - £348,607.76/£395,999.
    Tesco - £9,757.91
    HSBC - £7,186.54
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    I've decided to go for a target of £100 this month; the plan is to actually spend around £90 on food for within the month, the other £10 is to go towards replenishing various store cupboard items as I am trying to run my cupboards and freezer down as much as possible.

It's not a massive drop from the previous £130; it really on equates to taking wonder bairn's formula out of the budget however I don't want to set the bar too low and be miserable if I miss it completely!

I have my meal plan and am going to write a list of everything needed for each meal then tick off everything we already have in and write the remaining p as a new shopping list...hopefully all this forward planning helps me make some progress!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • dramarama
    dramarama Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    I need to join up again, totally fell off the band-wagon this month...oops!!

I will set us a monthly budget of £140

This will be for Feb 1st-28th. 2 Adults and 1 cat!
    :)
    Married in 2016. Bought our first home in 2017. Expecting our first baby in November 2017
    :):):)
    Frugal & thrifty as much as possible.
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills