Co-ownership

Options

Comments

• saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Options
    'Cause we can't allow prices to slip to a sensible level before we've got ourselves re-elected, can we?

I see the hip new word that we're all going to be using after tonight is "infantilized". Probably right.

What's happening tonight?
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    saverbuyer wrote: »
    What's happening tonight?

Mr C has declared that the welfare state has "infantilized" the public, leading to state dependency. Or, as someone once said on this very site, sucking the English udder.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly the UK economy is house prices.
  • Mollyb
    Mollyb Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds good then, I assume debt was under 5k no late payments etc? Yea Im sure! We missed out on the last phase so been trying for over 2 years now

Yeah we are actually quite sound financially. We just used co-ownership to allow us to buy for more than our wages would let us borrow. Our plan is to sit for the fixed term of our mortgage and then hopefully have enough start rapidly staircasing. In theory!

There's a lot of negativity about Co-ownership in this thread and tbh I wouldn't have went with them if I could afford what I wanted on my own. But anyone I've spoken to has had no problems with them and they've allowed us to get a nice house in a nice area that we otherwise couldn't have afforded. Time will tell if there are any issues!
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mollyb wrote: »
    Yeah we are actually quite sound financially. We just used co-ownership to allow us to buy for more than our wages would let us borrow. Our plan is to sit for the fixed term of our mortgage and then hopefully have enough start rapidly staircasing. In theory!

There's a lot of negativity about Co-ownership in this thread and tbh I wouldn't have went with them if I could afford what I wanted on my own. But anyone I've spoken to has had no problems with them and they've allowed us to get a nice house in a nice area that we otherwise couldn't have afforded. Time will tell if there are any issues!

So, not that sound, then.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • Mollyb
    Options
    tara747 wrote: »
    So, not that sound, then.

Perhaps you've misunderstood what I meant there. When I said financially sound I meant that we've no debts, I've no credit card and my OH pays his in full every month. We're both in full time employment and have never been late on any payments.
    Being financially sound and being able to afford a house are not the same thing. We wanted to buy close to the in-laws as they are quite elderly but couldn't afford the area on our current wages. We had the choice to use co-ownership to increase our buying power now or else wait for 5-10 years for our wages to increase before buying outright. We chose co-ownership.
  • leemuddywaters
    Options
    Why are there some clowns on this? Why should you have to explain yourself
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mollyb wrote: »
    Perhaps you've misunderstood what I meant there. When I said financially sound I meant that we've no debts, I've no credit card and my OH pays his in full every month. We're both in full time employment and have never been late on any payments.
    Being financially sound and being able to afford a house are not the same thing. We wanted to buy close to the in-laws as they are quite elderly but couldn't afford the area on our current wages. We had the choice to use co-ownership to increase our buying power now or else wait for 5-10 years for our wages to increase before buying outright. We chose co-ownership.

Good luck in your new house. Not every decision has to be taken for business reasons.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • Mollyb
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys. I had to bite my lip before I replied!! :)
  • leemuddywaters
    Options
    Put our application in last Friday, when are we likely to hear from them? Got a text saying they had received it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure