Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Feels like forever since I've been on here! Wedding is done and my life is my own again!

So have balance transferred CC2 balance which grew over the last two months onto CC4 which is about £2000 and CC3 is about £1000 so I'm sitting about £3k. About because I have to pay for car MOT, service and dealing with an issue with it this week, so I'm expecting about £250 and then will tot up the final amount owing. Still determined as ever to get rid of the blinkin debt once and for all.

Listed loads of stuff on fleabay, some wedding outfits as they won't get worn again and stuff laying round and about. So 35 active listings.

Sat and did a rough list of Christmas last night, already have a fair bit of stuff, but need to get some further bits with October and November pay. December will be used to gift money to stepkids.

Looking forward to a quiet low key christmas and lots of lovely activities planned between now and then.

Applied for bank account from MSE email this week with £250 cashback on it - fingers crossed on that one.
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Congratulations! Xxxx
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Congratulations!

and fingers crossed for the cashback too - that's a very handy amount to be able to look forward to!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Ha - it wasn't my wedding! Few surveys done today and picked up about £10 so far, think I've also sold some books for £22.50 as well!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely time at the wedding DFOD.

35 items listed :eek:... well done you :j xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Sold one item on fleabay last night for £22.50 so just back from PO posting that. otherwise having a lazy day looking after the dog who had the snip this week! Poor woofer!

Half term has been a bit blah to be honest, but typically school hols seem to turn out like this since we started home ed. I'm ok with that though, kids are happy, we've seen friends and they get to watch a bit of TV!

£6 survey on pr0filic credited today, so pleased with that!
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Yay to the £22.50 DFOD :j, hope the other 34 items sell at good prices :D

Glad kids are happy, although poor dog :( xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    So back into the swing of home ed, sales have been going well on fleabay and we are basically living off those this month and flinging spare cash at the car bill which was huge - £750!

Also need another bit of work done for £300, but I have massively moaned at the garage where we bought it and they are doing it tomorrow for free!

Bank switch confirmed, so another £250 on the way in from that in due course. all extra is going towards a super emergency pot as we are due to move to universal credit soon and you hear horror stories of 6 weeks with no money, so Im panicking a bit. IF it doesn't work out that way, I'll have a pot built up to clear the car bill.

Applying for a new job at work which will mean a tiny payrise, but also mindful of the limit I can earn to not affect carers allowance, i thought it was £100 but also read online its £116 - that's a difference of £832 so I need a definite answer. Will get a little payrise this week as I've reached 5 years with job so I get an extra weeks pay per year - probably about a £5 per month! Surveys are ticking along nicely, nearly at £30 with 1poll, £16 with profilic and not far from payout with Ips0s. Just requested £6 from TCB today for am@zon. I am nearly done for the littlies for birthday and Christmas. Just parents and DH to do!

That's about all here I guess. Debt is depressingly at £4k ish!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    All sounding good and you seem super organised as usual.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Fingers crossed for a smooth transition to UC DFOD.

All sounding busy with you!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport