Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Options

Comments

• EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2016 at 6:19PM
    Options
    Snap! I'm in the middle of transferring to coop from Halifax as heard that Halifax 5 a month is under review. Is yours £150 plus the rewards from coop = £200?
    Sorry to hear about autism assessment, hope you have better luck with the next school.
    We're similar in mortgage balances, we've just hit £102k, desperate to pay off as much as possible as it renews next Christmas but I'm self employed now eek...
    I've started back on my blog, it'll have a big focus on mortgage overpayments and Extreme Early Retirement (ERE) as well as FIRE. Just click homepage under my username if you would like to check it out, would love to hear from everyone.
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    it was £150 from the cooooopp and £44 from TCB.. plus the rewards that I didn't realise you got each month.

Few things about H-fax app I don't like.. silly, but for someone that checks their bank every day, it's a niggle.

Weather is variable to say the least, so expecting very much a chill out day at home.

Lots going on, expecting that the school move will be in full swing next week - reckon we are looking about £70 for new uniform as trousers and pinafores/ skirts will do - but need to buy new jumpers, cardigans, PE tops and polo shirts, all which need to be the school ones.

DS is loving his karate, so much so he asked if he could train another night, so I think you can access any sessions once you've paid, so need to sort that this week.

Water tank bill came, so need to pay that, looks like they have totally missed the January bill again so we are £280 up.

Electric bill finally calculated as was £638 for 6 months.. so we are about £150 in credit, need to put the switch in place on 30/9 when the early exit fee is null.

Up to £18.50 on YG and £24 on 1poll, £14 on pr0filic.

Bought a few more Xmas presents today with survey income. If we are moving schools, I won't do the birthday party - we managed to get tickets to an event on their birthday weekend which was over £100 - but compared to a party, it's half the price.. May or may not do a birthday tea on their actual birthday depending on schooling / friendships etc.

So much going on at work, I'll pick up a bit more in a week as a colleague is leaving that they aren't replacing.. hoping now I have an office to myself, that I will get loads more work done.

That's all from me - have awesome Sundays!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • amycool
    Options
    It's great that you have found a new school - all moving very fast! Shame about having to buy new uniform though.

We decided against a birthday party in the end - just going to the cinema and pizza with cousins - cheaper and less stressful!
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the school move is as smooth as it can be x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Currently munching on maltesers eating my feelings away - never the answer, but just necessary tonight!
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Mmmmm to the maltesers DF0D.

Have you been to look round the school? Just wondering if everythings in motion now.

Great news that DS loves karate x
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    We go later this week... talking to another parent, it seems a lot of people are unhappy with the teacher...

Paid off the smallest CC - yey.. two to go now.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Been to school, they will have a trial day and if all ok, we will move schools next week. Feeling pretty hopefuly but DD is worried about leaving her friends. Soooo blinking hard isn't it!

Money wise, I've been paid (yey) so water tank bill paid. Need to do energy switch tomorrow as our tie in period is over.

My cashback from M&S which was missing has been paid, so was worth the hassle of chasing that.

That's about all from me!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    energy switch done, should save about £10 per month.. need to submit meter reading today at some point.

Food order to do, need to go buy new colour hair bands and bobbles for DD as she seems really excited now she knows 10 or so of the girls from Rainbows. Sent email to the current Headteacher last night explaining the two incidents in the last two weeks that have been the final straw. Be interesting to see what she comes back with.

Off to the flicks tonight to see Bridget, so looking forward to that..

Need to go log into bank account, it's the first of the month so loads will have gone out!
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good saving on the energy! You've got a lot going on right now - you would be forgiven for renewing so double well done! :-)

Hope you enjoy the film and all goes well with the new school. Fingers crossed things seem to be settling a bit for my LO. I haven't done the walk of shame all week!
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family