April 2015 Wedding

Options

Comments

• sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    got an email today from my bridesmaids mum - the dress has arrived and fits (she sent photo's) i did wait a few weeks having waited to see if my first choice came back into stock and it did last Saturday - i decided to check just before i put my card details to order 2nd choice!!
    Also got an email from suppliers of artificial bouquets to say they were despatched today.
    this time in 7 weeks I will be at my reception!!
    Still need to get a suit for his lordship and sort music for the reception - oh and get my parents to agree that taxis are fine for a 2 1/2 mile journey to church and we don't need to spend £300+ on wedding cars (or at least if they want to waste the money they can sort it themselves!!)
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    this week i spent 3 hours with my mum working on table plans (crazy!!) i could not get the numbers to add up - until i realized there were 2 couples named sarah and dave!! i agreed to disagree on car hire as mum said they would pay and she would get what they felt appropriate (why do i get the feeling my mum has been planning this day since i was 5). Then i had my 2nd fitting for my dress - it's looking good (still no zips and too long - but getting there). we went into town today to get his lordships suit - took 20 mins (v. efficient) i had been dreading that one more than getting mums outfit!! booked with our minister to finalize the final service plan for 9 days time. things are really coming together.

still got loads of cakes to bake, beg or borrow!! hair and nails to sort - i will do my own make up, church flowers still need sorting (bouquets - artificial - arrived last monday) must be loads i have forgotten - but i am getting there.

still 6 weeks to go!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Two weeks today, I'll be a married man!! Woop!!!

We're pretty much all sorted now, just a few tittle bits and plans.

Can't wait!
  • You know... being a man, I managed to screw this up, but I'm posting in an April 2015 Wedding topic, when I'm getting married in March... Go figure!!

Sorry guys and gals!
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    You know... being a man, I managed to screw this up, but I'm posting in an April 2015 Wedding topic, when I'm getting married in March... Go figure!!

Sorry guys and gals!

Good luck for Saturday (i had worked it out, but did not want to say anything).

We went to plan the service today with our minister - a bit of confusion as to my age at the time of the ceremony as i am getting married on my birthday but don't remember the time i was born (very young at my birth i did not make a note of it) This has never happened in all his years of ministry!! every thing else went well and we have a service planned. tomorrow it will be one month to go!!
  • clarabell1984
    clarabell1984 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Options
    3 weeks to go tomorrow!!! :j:j:j

I can't believe how quick this is coming round :T Our RSVP date is today and we're still waiting on 3 replies for daytime and 10 for evening!

Decided i'm not even going to chase the evening invitees, too much hassle!

Hope everyone elses plans are coming together too?

We had a little hickup with our piper atthe beginning of the week but that is all sorted now.

I have a long list of little things still to sort out, mainly crafting things but hopefully can get that done over the holiday weekend after I finish work today :j
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    You know... being a man, I managed to screw this up, but I'm posting in an April 2015 Wedding topic, when I'm getting married in March... Go figure!!

Sorry guys and gals!

Hope everything went well with your big day!
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    2 weeks tomorrow for us!!

We are getting there: dress nearly finished, service sorted, lots of offers of cake for service, arrangements for reception finalized - bless them they have repainted the room, orders of services written - best man is going to make into booklets as he has facilities at work, artificial bouquets safely stored at Mum and Dad's, hair sorted and appointment booked for the day, nails appointment booked, friend from church has taken over the flowers as the flower secretary was making heavy weather of it.

Even a posh car has been sorted - stroke of luck really a new man and his wife have started coming to our church and guess what he does? wedding cars - he has offered us a white vintage rolls at cost!!

things still to do are put tables, chairs and decorate hall the day before, bake more cakes to serve with coffee after the service, sort out craft templates for the kids craft table and music on i pod for the reception, meet with dressmaker friend Monday and Thursday - by then it should be finished, get gifts for bridesmaid mothers best man etc, attend appointments and get ready.

realise what i must have forgotten!!
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    2 weeks tomorrow for us!!

We are getting there: dress nearly finished, service sorted, lots of offers of cake for service, arrangements for reception finalized - bless them they have repainted the room, orders of services written - best man is going to make into booklets as he has facilities at work, artificial bouquets safely stored at Mum and Dad's, hair sorted and appointment booked for the day, nails appointment booked, friend from church has taken over the flowers as the flower secretary was making heavy weather of it.

Even a posh car has been sorted - stroke of luck really a new man and his wife have started coming to our church and guess what he does? wedding cars - he has offered us a white vintage rolls at cost!!

things still to do are put tables, chairs and decorate hall the day before, bake more cakes to serve with coffee after the service, sort out craft templates for the kids craft table and music on i pod for the reception, meet with dressmaker friend Monday and Thursday - by then it should be finished, get gifts for bridesmaid mothers best man etc, attend appointments and get ready.

realise what i must have forgotten!!

Not long for you now sillyvixen! Are you all organised?

10 days for us :j
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    Not long for you now sillyvixen! Are you all organised?

10 days for us :j

nearly sorted - just a few bits to sort, did loads today as i am now off work for 2 weeks. hope you are almost finished 10 days isn't that long.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure