April 2015 Wedding

Options

Comments

• Our venues corkage is the same, i've heard of others that are the same. I think it's to put you off arranging your own wine so they can sell theirs!

Our wine is £16.95 a bottle, but we have tried it and it is reasonable.

TBH I don't know enough about wine to go down the road of buying my own and paying corkage! And it means I have one less thing to organise!

Not very moneysaving though :money:

The annoying thing is, that I was stupid enough not to check at the time... My fault I know.

Hopefully the girls will like the house wine, otherwise we'll be going to the local pub and getting drunk there.

I doubt we'd be having too much anyway, as we have to travel 100 miles back home at 10am the next day...
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    The annoying thing is, that I was stupid enough not to check at the time... My fault I know.

Hopefully the girls will like the house wine, otherwise we'll be going to the local pub and getting drunk there.

I doubt we'd be having too much anyway, as we have to travel 100 miles back home at 10am the next day...

We're not too bad traveling next day, only about 30 minutes drive but with the new drink drive limits in Scotland, we will all really need to be careful! :beer:
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    Another few things ticked off the list! :T

Booked car hire for Italy last night and sorted excess insurance
    Flower girl shoes in new sizes arrived this morning
    Flower girl tiaras have arrived too
    Have found artificial flowers for flowergirls (I'm having silk but same company wanted £50 for 2 wands!!!)
    My friend has counter signed my passport photos and form

I didn't order my cake at the weekend. I had saved up enough M&S vouchers to pay for it in full but decided to spend one of them on a dine in for 2 as a treat. Just waiting on this quarters vouchers to arrive which should be next week :j
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    we ordered his lordships wedding ring today - another thing ticked off on the list, i am not having a new ring as i inherited my grandmothers. we also realized it was the deadline for the next issue of the our church magazine so put a general invite in to the service and tea and cake for our church friends.
    my 'going away' dress (i was not going to bother) arrived on Friday.

we are getting there one step at a time.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    we ordered his lordships wedding ring today - another thing ticked off on the list, i am not having a new ring as i inherited my grandmothers. we also realized it was the deadline for the next issue of the our church magazine so put a general invite in to the service and tea and cake for our church friends.
    my 'going away' dress (i was not going to bother) arrived on Friday.

we are getting there one step at a time.

Doesn't it feel good ticking more things off the list?!

We met with the registrar on Friday afternoon and she is lovely! I also managed to get my passport sent away on Friday and ordered the cake :T

What is your going away dress?
  • crazylady_012
    crazylady_012 Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2015 at 1:08PM
    Options
    Hello,
    Another April 2015 bride here. We getting married on the 11th april (10th is when we do registry office).
    I think we are pretty sorted. Got a lot of diy to do as making all the decorations for the venue and I'm making myself a origami bouquet (so need my bouquet, bridesmaid, button holes and corsages).
    Need to get my wedding ring but getting some designs in for that. Chasing the venue for menu options and corkage (they aren't a normal wedding venue so aren't very organised).
    Need to sort bridesmaid dress but not for a lack of trying! Must have tried on 20+ dresses.
    I've got my second fitting in half term in a few weeks. Honeymoon is booked, RSVPs are mostly back, evening playlist done (just needs a few tweaks), entertainment sorted, just need to finish all the diy (of which there seems to be hundreds) and write up the plans for the day before and morning of, so everything gets done. New passport arrived yesterday, notice given, boys have chosen suits (but need to get my dad in for his fitting), bought OH wedding ring, sent in second rings to be melted down to be very simple rings for the registry office on the friday, its all coming together.
    This makes us sound sorted, we have 150+ tissue paper pom poms to make, 100+ cranes and approx 70 flowers (so 350 petals). So its not done yet!!!
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    Hello,
    Another April 2015 bride here. We getting married on the 11th april (10th is when we do registry office).
    I think we are pretty sorted. Got a lot of diy to do as making all the decorations for the venue and I'm making myself a origami bouquet (so need my bouquet, bridesmaid, button holes and corsages).
    Need to get my wedding ring but getting some designs in for that. Chasing the venue for menu options and corkage (they aren't a normal wedding venue so aren't very organised).
    Need to sort bridesmaid dress but not for a lack of trying! Must have tried on 20+ dresses.
    I've got my second fitting in half term in a few weeks. Honeymoon is booked, RSVPs are mostly back, evening playlist done (just needs a few tweaks), entertainment sorted, just need to finish all the diy (of which there seems to be hundreds) and write up the plans for the day before and morning of, so everything gets done. New passport arrived yesterday, notice given, boys have chosen suits (but need to get my dad in for his fitting), bought OH wedding ring, sent in second rings to be melted down to be very simple rings for the registry office on the friday, its all coming together.
    This makes us sound sorted, we have 150+ tissue paper pom poms to make, 100+ cranes and approx 70 flowers (so 350 petals). So its not done yet!!!

Wow you seem very organised! Well done :)

We still need to sit down and compile a playlist for DJ for evening and a list of posey family photographs we would like taken for the Photographer and we meet with both of them in the next few weeks so will need to get on that!

RSVPs were coming in quite quickly in the first few weeks and now it has slowed right down. Out of 57 (just over half) of people still to reply for day time, we know that 31 of those are defo coming as they are close family/friends - why not just send your RSVP back??? :rotfl:

We have also had around half of our evening invitees rsvp aswell so not bad going!
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    Doesn't it feel good ticking more things off the list?!

We met with the registrar on Friday afternoon and she is lovely! I also managed to get my passport sent away on Friday and ordered the cake :T

What is your going away dress?

yes it is good to see things getting done. still got plenty to be doing though.

as for my going away dress, it is from Lindy Hop and called Carmel (i cant get my head round posting a link). it is for the Sunday after the wedding as my mum has arranged lunch at her local pub for family members who have traveled and are staying over, we are leaving on our honeymoon after that.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    Picked up permisions to marry from registry office today, followed by first dress fitting.
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    So I am just back from serving jury duty for 2 and a half weeks!!! Just as well I was as organised as I was as I have got nothing done!

I now have my new passport, have met with the photographers and met the DJ!

The DJ has given us a log in for his website to set up our playlist which we will do over a few weekends.

Our photographers have given us a discounted package for a pre wedding shoot for £50 instead of £199 for later in March. We weren't originally going to do a pre wedding shoot but I think it's worth it for £50!

I have my first dress fitting this Sunday along with the bridesmaids so fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Next week is my h2b stag weekend then the following Saturday is my hen do when i'll also have my hair and make up trials.

Got myself all booked in for cut and colour for hair and nails pre hen do and Wedding day.

Wooosh! So much still left to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport