Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 12

Comments

• clarabell1984
    clarabell1984 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Thanks Cats and Mancmama for the acupuncture advice! That's me all booked in for a consultation and first session next Wednesday night so will see how it goes! I have checked and I can claim 75% back up to £150 on my work health plan. It's not a lot if I need to go for a lot of sessions but every little helps xx
  • Apple1985
    Apple1985 Posts: 36 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2016 at 8:17PM
    Hello all.

Hope all you lovelies can help me again!! Now questions on ovulation and times. I haven't really done ovulation testing. My last two periods have been 27 and 28 day cycles. So what dates are likely to be my ovulation dates? My period tracker app suggested cd 12? Due to being away and sharing accomodation with a relative.. We only managed to BD on cd11 onwards. But on cd 8/9 I noticed a bit of thick clear dishcharge... So I'm feeling sad thinking I missed ov. Or if cd8/9 early for ov with a 27/28 day cycle? I'm
    Confused!

X
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Hey Apple. In a 28 day cycle you would expect around day 14 as luteal phase (post ov) is generally 14 days. Sometimes less but it's not that common to be more.

So if you're 26/28 then day 13/14 is probably right, it's normal to have a few days of fertile CM. Only tracking will tell you for sure though sorry xx
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning...well my curiosity got the better of me and I caved this morning, I knew it would be BFN but I still had to do it.
    I'm now banning myself from testing unless I'm late.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • MancMama4
    MancMama4 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2016 at 11:37AM
    Hi Apple, yes I agree with cats it was prob about CD 13/14 - unless you track though its hard to know what your "typical" luteal phase is (e.g. I know mine is 12 days after ov and my cycles are 29/30 days average so I work back from 30 that ov is around CD 17/18 if that makes sense).

If you BD every other day between CD10-20 you've got a decent chance of catching ov x

CD13 here, the month seems to be going faster now I'm not really tracking?! Weird? My Glow app probably thinks I'm dead haha
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 April 2016 at 8:10AM
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD18 angel11 - 3DPO :cool:
    CD17 Rachylou1981 - 4DPO :cool:
    CD16 Tinks05 - 5DPO :cool:
    CD34 cats2012 - 7DPO :cool:
    CD23 Keekee - 7DPO :cool:
    CD25 Milliebob - 10DPO :cool:
    CD23 sexymouse - 11DPO :cool:
    CD33 newthrift - 15DPO :cool:
    CD29 pinkmagpie - 16DPO :cool:

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD10 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 newcook - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 MancMama4 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 Meepmeep - Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 Apple1985 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD20 pink petal - Awaiting ov :o
    CD27 big5 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD27 the_insider - Awaiting ov :o
    CD29 Jojo_fry - Awaiting ov :o
    CD77 - clarabell19894 - Awaiting ov :o

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 little angel - Awaiting ov :o
    CD3 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD3 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD3 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while

chocolatelover93

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hope I've got everyone's updates - let me know if anything looks wrong.

Well after the pinching feelings yesterday, I've now got spotting today. I'm only CD23 today and I normally spot for a couple of days before AF turns up, but based on my average 27 day cycle, AF shouldn't be expected until Saturday. I'm not sure if this is going to be a shorter cycle, or whether it could be implantation bleeding. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I don't want to get my hopes up, as I've not had implantation bleeding with either of my previous pregnancies, and I've been a bit moody the last couple of days too, so it could just be PMT and an early AF. Will keep you updated.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • pink_petal
    pink_petal Posts: 349 Forumite
    Hi everyone

well, I think I've decided that the more relaxed approach is not for me! I just feel like I have no idea what's going on!! I've not been temping at all but decided to still use opks. I got a positive on Friday so we BD'd before DH went away for the weekend (Fri eve)....usually once I get a positive I don't test again but for some reason I did on saturday at noon...still positive! But since hubs was away there was nothing I could do. So now I have no idea when I would have ov'd...or even if I have. Usually I get ov pains but this month I've had nothing.

Definitely back to temping for me next cycle, I just like to have the reassurance that I've ov'd!
  • MancMama4
    MancMama4 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Fingers crossed for you mouse, keep us posted!

Pink petal I know what you mean, I am normally the same and NEED to see that I'm oving etc, just not as bothered by it all this month, think I just worked myself up too much last month and needed a break.

Pretty sure I'll be cracking out the opks again next month x
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mouse got my fingers crossed for you.

After all the OV talk I have sat and look at my dates again and I have decided the app I use is telling me a week too early:mad: I've now decided this month will be a no hope and back to it next week with amended fertile days/OV day.....
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family